AnalystApply Job ID: R-007320 Date posted: 08/05/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
Analyst, Analytics, Reporting and Consulting
LPL Financial is looking to hire an Analyst for our Analytics, Reporting and Consulting group within our Compliance, Legal and Risk Division. This is a full time position located at our San Diego or our Fort Mill corporate office.
The ideal candidate will assist in developing, maintaining and compiling KRI and KPI metrics, along with the supporting data for the Compliance, Legal Risk (CLR) organization. The position requires strong analytical, communication, and organizational skills, along with technical reporting knowledge to deliver tools and analysis that drives continuous improvement. The analyst will assist in collection and synthesis of data from various sources, develop reporting to drive insights and strategy for CLR leadership. In addition, the ideal candidate is someone who is proactive, dynamic, likes to be involved and is confident liaising at all levels of the firm.
- Maintain monthly volume reporting, including database management, along with analysis of the data to deliver key insights with interpretation and recommendation
- Create and manage dashboards and data models for distribution to the various business units and senior leaders
- Conduct time-motion studies (TMS) with the various CLR business units to ensure data accuracy; monitoring the TMS cycle and completing validation of average handle times (AHTs) within specified timeframe
- Build cross-functional relationships across CLR to establish a collaborative environment at all levels
- Compilation of key KRI and KPIs, as well as ad-hoc reporting as required for senior leaders
- Participate in the continuous improvement of existing processes
- 1-3 years of data analysis and finance related experience preferred
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business or related field
- Must be proactive and have the ability to “make things happen” in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel; Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Access, PowerPoint, Tableau and Oracle with the ability to analyze data collected from various sources is preferred
- Effective interpersonal, presentation and writing skills
- Detail oriented with insight to determine applicability of big picture analysis
- Ability to work alone without major guidance as well as a strong team player
- Project Management skills (formal or informal)
- Positive attitude, commitment to excellence and integrity
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.