Assistant Vice President AML/Fraud Surveillance Strategy and TechnologyApply Job ID: R-001308 Date posted: 09/25/2017 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
We are currently seeking an Assistant Vice President AML/Fraud Surveillance Strategy & Technology within the Surveillance and Investigations group, which is part of LPL’s Compliance, Legal & Risk (CLR) organization.
This position will report into the Vice President for AML/Fraud Surveillance Strategy & Technology and will serve as a “bridge” between the AML/Fraud Surveillance team and the Firm’s Technology department, as well as the Financial Crimes Compliance department. This AVP will develop and convey business unit requirements and regulatory expectations to the technology team, and keep Surveillance management aware of developments on the technology side. The position will serve a key role in the maintenance and enhancement of the current AML/Fraud monitoring platform, as well as the development of an eventual new monitoring platform.
- Liaise with LPL’s Business Technology Services (BTS) and the Financial Crimes Compliance department with regard to AML/Fraud monitoring projects and initiatives
- Contribute to the Firm’s risk assessment processes with respect to AML and fraud risk and controls
- Contribute to the maintenance and enhancement of the current monitoring system, and the eventual development and implementation of a new transaction monitoring platform by performing the following duties:
- Designing and gathering scenarios and controls requirements,
- translation of requirements to the technology team,
- data mapping and validation,
- development of quality assurance scripts,
- and user acceptance testing
- Ensure proper process controls are continually identified and implemented to mitigate operational risk
- Enhance management reports, metrics' reports and operational reports to include Key Risk Indicators, Key Performance Indicators, trends and analysis.
- Present reports to senior management and other key stakeholders.
- Coordinate with other CLR departments regarding data and technology projects; identify and escalate issues that may affect other groups
- Track and help prioritize projects
- Keep up with emerging AML issues that pertain to data and technology. Identify trends and opportunities to further improve the company's AML compliance program
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree or comparable experience required
- At least 3-5 years financial services experience, preferably in a broker-dealer
- 2-4 years of experience in a BSA/AML/OFAC compliance or Fraud department preferred
- Experience with Oracle (Mantas), Actimize or other prevalent transaction monitoring experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience making independent critical fact-based decisions while understanding the appropriate escalation points.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced and dynamic financial services environment
- Strong judgment and excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to present information in differing degrees of details and form depending on the audience
- Prior experience supporting strategic improvements and delivering measurable change
- Comfortable working with all levels of management
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving, good critical thinking and decision making skills
- Strong attention to detail and quality assurance
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.