Assistant Vice President, Corporate Insurance, FinanceApply Job ID: R-007769 Date posted: 10/29/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
LPL’s Capital Management Department fosters a culture of innovation, entrepreneurship and empowerment. The Corporate Insurance team within Capital Management is seeking a talented leader with a financial background and experience in insurance and risk management to help manage the team and assist in developing the strategies to move the program forward.
As the Assistant Vice President of Corporate Insurance, you will help manage a team of analysts to organize and execute LPL’s corporate insurance program. You will manage proper communication of risk between internal and external business partners. You will work as a liaison with LPL’s insurer, insurance broker, and Legal Department on strategic claims management, analysis and continuously improving the insurance protection of LPL and its registered representatives.
- Assisting with the renewal of all of the firm’s corporate insurance policies, including presenting strategies and recommendations to the CFO and other business leaders
- Creating and maintaining robust reporting, and presenting consistently to senior leaders of the finance and legal organizations; creating reporting and analysis to facilitate data-driven business decisions
- Align with Corporate Insurance VP on Corporate Insurance road map and strategy for future initiatives and innovation for brand expansion
- Serve as a front-line contact for the analysts, escalation management, provide ongoing guidance and expertise in support of advisors, internal constituents, and external partners
- Providing analysis, process support, and project management of group initiatives
- Building and supporting cross-departmental relationships, and coordinating internal initiatives and strategic projects
- Researching and analyzing complex situations, setting client expectations and defining and implementing necessary actions
- Leverage technology to automate manual work and simplify processes where feasible to create a highly scalable, flexible, and efficient infrastructure
- Interfacing with business unit counterparts to address specific firm and advisor insurance needs
- Partner with internal and external key contacts to research and communicate insurance impact on any industry regulation and current events
- Ad-hoc analysis, financial modeling, and additional responsibilities as required
- Excellent and effective communication, presentation and writing skills
- MS Excel and PowerPoint expert
- Insurance and claims management experience
- Lead and deliver by process and efficiency
- Ability to work comfortably with incomplete information and deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work within a team, take the initiative and show strong attention to detail
- Ability to create concise and decision supporting analysis
- Proactive problem solver, expected to present problems and recommendations simultaneously
- Positive attitude, commitment to excellence and integrity
- Self-Driven individual with high level of motivation
Education & Experience
- BA/BS degree in Finance or Business (or a related discipline) , or equivalent experience
- 5 - 7 years corporate finance, risk management, insurance, or underwriting experience preferred
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.