Assistant Vice President – InvestigationsApply Job ID: R-000083 Date posted: 12/29/2017 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The Assistant Vice President – Investigations will be responsible for conducting in depth reviews and investigations into allegations or red flags involving fraud, inappropriate sales practices, and other violations of firm policy by financial advisors affiliated with the Firm. The responsibilities also include review and assessment of the related supervision and risk control activities performed by the firm and its associated persons, and making recommendations to management regarding customer restitution, internal remedial actions and control enhancements. The role may also involve, now or in the near future, responsibility for managing a small team of investigators performing similar functions. This position reports to the Senior Vice President and Associate General Counsel for Investigations with the Firm’s Compliance, Legal & Risk (CLR) organization.
- Conduct complex reviews and investigations into allegations and red flags indicative of fraud, inappropriate sales practices, and other violations of firm policy by financial advisors affiliated with the Firm
- Conduct reviews and assessments of the related supervision and risk control activities performed by the firm and its associated persons
- Conduct customer restitution analyses
- Make recommendations to management regarding customer restitution, internal remedial actions, and control enhancements
- Now or potentially in the near future, manage a small team of investigators performing similar functions, ensuring they conduct quality and timely reviews and investigations in accordance with departmental procedures
- Effectively communicate with and provide key services to external branch office personnel (OSJs, Advisors, administrative assistants)
- Partner with internal departments to thoroughly investigate potentially suspicious, inappropriate or violative activity and on related risk mitigation activities
- Collaborate with the team to implement initiatives and projects sponsored and approved by management
- Assist in developing and providing internal training on the Firm’s control programs, policies, and procedures.
- Act as a resource and provide guidance to team members on challenging investigations
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience preferred
- Professional degrees/licenses/certifications (i.e., JD, FINRA Series 7, CAMS, CFE) preferred
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in compliance, audit, risk legal or related investigative roles at a broker dealer and/or registered investment advisor
- Knowledge of brokerage and advisory sales practices, and related policy and control frameworks
- Knowledge of FINRA, SEC and other SRO rules and regulatory landscape
- Knowledge of fraud, AML and senior investor protection related legal and regulatory landscape, concerns and issues
- High level of analytical skills and problem-solving
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure with commitment to deliver under tight deadlines
- Working knowledge of Trade Compliance Financial Crime Detection software, i.e. Mantas, SAS, Actimize, or similar
- Strong PC skills (Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to present information in differing degrees of details and form depending on the audience
- Strong judgment and experience with escalation of matters and recommended solutions
Attention to detail and quality assurance
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.