Assistant Vice President, Sales Operations, Business SolutionsApply Job ID: R-008061 Date posted: 11/06/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
Assistant Vice President (AVP), Sales Operations, LPL Business Solutions (LBS), National Sales and Consulting (NSC)
AVP, LBS, is responsible for supporting a culture of high performance within our LPL Business Solutions Consulting team and suite of services (Marketing Solutions, Administrative Solutions, CFO Solutions, and Technology Solutions) through owning sales operations, decision support, developing strategic insights, build and evolve sales readiness, project/product management, design of key metrics, and the development/implementation of reporting. The AVP of Biz Sol is responsible for partnering with internal stakeholders to execute and drive results.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Provide sales operations support, strategy, and tactics to increase adoption and growth of business solutions in partnership with internal stakeholders.
- Works closely with the LBS sales team, business intelligence and analytics organizations to create a data driven, insight rich culture for the business unit that drives action and decision making.
- Ability to design, manage and evolve sales reporting across LBS distribution platform that integrates seamlessly with LPL systems (Salesforce, Marketing Tools, etc.)
- Develop and oversee complete sales funnel used for enhancing lead generation and pipeline matriculation. Works closely with salesforce automation team member(s) to ensure LBS needs are properly communicated and considered to drive sales funnel optimization and automation.
- Establish, track and monitor metrics with LBS team to drive understanding of tools and programs that enable optimal performance of LBS sales team. Establish reporting of ongoing metrics and targets for sales team, executive management, and product partners.
- Ability to collaborate on sales initiatives, build sales infrastructure, and implement actions that align with LBS sales process and methodology. Including but not limited to sales campaigns, conference strategy, digital sales, marketing partnership, and lead nurturing.
- Builds and maintains sales assets, including playbooks, guides, and advisor facing collateral and discussion checklists/manuals. Working with subject matter expert teams to ensure content is current, accurate and deep enough for employees to have meaningful discussions that add value in every interaction.
- Ability to identify and use data analytics to create and support sales initiatives that ensure the LBS sales team is targeting the right advisor/institutions through dynamic prioritization for our LBS suite of products (Marketing Solutions, Admin Solutions, CFO Solutions, and Technology Solutions).
- Manage data integrity process and monitor sales team compliance with reporting.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in finance, business administration, sales, marketing or equivalent combined education or work related experience.
- Minimum of 3+ years sales enablement, sales effectiveness, or business management experience at a national company.
- Finance industry experience preferred, with focus on customer facing roles and organizations.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Culturally sensitive and team oriented with outstanding influencing skills.
- Expert level proficiency with the Microsoft Office product suite: excel, powerpoint required. Salesforce proficiency also preferred.
- Client centric mind-set and commitment to identifying opportunities to continually improve the end to end client experience.
- Reliable self-starter, with a collaborative mindset and ability to build strong relationships across any organization.
- Deep knowledge and demonstrated use of data analytics to provide decision support of sales initiatives.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.