Assoc Communication ConsultantApply Job ID: R-004546 Date posted: 10/01/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Job Description: Associate Communication Consultant
The Information Management Associate Communication Consultant position is responsible for developing and maintaining internal content for Service, Trading, and Operations’ (ST0) knowledgebase, iKnow, as well as advisor facing content on the Resource Center. Key activities include writing and editing content/procedures/communications that support the goal of delivering accurate, timely, and consistent information to our customers. This position requires excellent communication skills (verbal and written), as they are required to collaborate with multiple parties to collect, analyze, and interpret data to ultimately take complex information and simplify it for different audiences. The individual works with various department Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), managers, and AVPs within STO. An analytical mindset, as well as a strong attention to detail is a must.
- Follow documented procedures and design guidelines to write and edit high quality internal and external content within Adobe Experience Manager
- Collect, analyze, interpret, and break down information to enable readers to quickly and accurately answer their inquiry
- Collaborate with multiple parties and build strong internal relationships to support the importance of knowledge/information management
- Participate in the peer review quality control process, focused on content structure, grammar, and accuracy of information
- Independently manage assignments and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) from daily pipeline, working with moderate supervision and asking thoughtful questions
- Assist in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) of content management systems, test script creation, and troubleshooting defects
- Actively participate, and at times lead, project and/or business process meetings
- Bachelor’s degree (Communications, Management Information Systems, or English preferred)
- Experience working as a Technical Writer, Communications/Marketing associate, or LPL Service Professional/Operations Associate with experience researching, analyzing, writing, and reviewing content preferred
- Software/Systems Skills Required/Preferred: Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat Professional. Working knowledge of content management systems preferred; Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) is a plus
- Soft Skills Required/Preferred: Must possess exceptional written and oral communication skills, including proper grammar, and attention to detail with a keen eye for website design is preferred.
- Enthusiastic, positive, teachable attitude. Team player, comfortable with fast paced, changing environment and ambiguity
- Requires flexibility under pressure, the ability to manage multiple high-priority assignments simultaneously
- Ability to quickly learn on the job and to be self-paced and organized to meet deadlines
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.