Associate AccountantApply Job ID: R-024079 Date posted: 06/23/2022 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Are you a team player? Are you curious to learn? Are you interested in working in meaningful projects? Do you want to work with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
The Associate Accountant will be a key player in the Shared Services G&A Accounting group and report to the Accounting Manager. The Associate Accountant will be responsible for maintaining the accounting records and providing accounting support and analysis for General and Administrative expenses of LPL Investment Holdings and its subsidiaries. The Associate Accountant will assist in implementing process improvements to help the team streamline and enhance efficiencies and shift its focus to analyzing and communicating results and providing proactive customer service.
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Assist in the monthly closing process, including the preparation and review of journal entries, account reconciliations and review activities
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations
- Support financial statement consolidations for actual, plan and reforecast information
- Support quarterly and year-end financial reporting and audit deliverables
- Identify and participate in the execution of key Sox Controls
- Manage processes and controls related to G&A expenses
- Ad hoc requests as determined by management
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related fields
- Experience in public accounting and broker-dealers preferred
- Excellent computer skills including intermediate Excel and Access proficiency
- Experience working with Oracle and Excel Spreadsheet Server a plus
- Minimum of 2-3 years of professional experience
- Effective communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and work in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to effectively collaborate well across business functions
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrated ability to multi-task are essential
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and activities and adapt to change
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Basic understanding of internal controls
- CPA license a plus
- 1 to 2 years of relevant experience a plus
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.