Associate Analyst, Investment Product ManagementApply Job ID: R-018804 Date posted: 11/10/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
The Investment Product Management team within LPL’s Wealth Management Solutions (WMS) group is responsible for delivering a highly competitive set of investment solutions across the brokerage and advisory platforms. This includes the platform and product offering, advisor/client access to solutions, and promotional activities. The team’s goal from an investment product management perspective is to enhance our advisors’ and investors’ experience while helping to improve our firm’s economic and risk profiles.
The Associate Analyst, Investment Product Management role is primarily focused on supporting our Separately Managed Accounts (SMAs) offering and is an important contributor to the overall investment and advisory product strategy.
This position is focused on the day to day SMA product management activities. It involves working closely with Asset Managers, our internal consulting team on requests from existing LPL advisors as well as our Business Development team with recruiting opportunities. Given our extensive recruiting efforts, and diverse affiliation models, it is imperative the individual understand our SMA offerings.
The day to day product management activities range from asset manager support address operational issues and deliver new capabilities along with tracking the onboarding of new SMA strategies. Process management skills are extremely important for this role, as are a basic understanding of investments. It is a critical ability for this role to take a problem, identify and recruit partners in relevant areas of the firm to prioritize, and implement solutions in a timely fashion. It is important for this role to build strong and trusted relationships throughout the advisory-focused Technology, Compliance, Legal, and Operations teams. A preferred candidate would also have an understanding of the market landscape for investment and advisory offerings.
The position requires an energetic candidate with experience in financial services who can think independently, thrive in a fast-paced team environment, creatively problem-solve, connect various thoughts, observations and results to develop innovative solutions and new insights that drive to an improved offering. This role requires the ability to operate in partnership with other teams.
The specific job duties include:
- Managing the onboarding process of SMAs. This includes leading the evaluation process for certain strategies to determine eligibility. Additionally, the role is expected to contribute to the evolution of the process
- Engage with advisors to explain strategy availability and assist in managing the pipeline of product requests
- Consult with Research, Product Risk Management and Compliance on any strategies that need additional review.
- Own the SMA mailbox
- Leverage and continually grow industry knowledge to deliver competitive solutions that will enable LPL to recruit to and drive adoption of our centrally managed platforms.
- Lead and drive projects, initiatives, decisions and tasks forward to the successful execution of key priorities.
- Capture feedback from advisors, stakeholders and key partners, translating this feedback into insights and recommendations on improving the platform.
- Partnering across the firm to advance initiatives, enhancements and remove roadblocks in Technology, Finance, Service/Trading, Operations and Legal/Risk
- Own the day to day product management which includes onboarding new strategies, management reporting, ownership of the SMA mailbox and resolving issues in timely manner.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the financial services industry.
- Knowledgeable on the investment advisory product landscape, specifically SMAs
- Experience working with investment-oriented databases and analytical software including Morningstar, FactSet and Excel
- Strong PowerPoint skills required
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deliver quality outcomes within short timeframes
- Ability to lead projects in a matrix managed fashion leveraging strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Energy, enthusiasm, strong work ethic
- Must demonstrate a strong business and financial acumen.
- FINRA Series 7/66 preferred
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.