Associate Analyst, OperationsApply Job ID: R-002732 Date posted: 05/09/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
We are currently looking to hire an Associate Analyst within the Retirement Platform Strategy & Operations department, reporting directly to the Manager, RP Platform Management on the Retirement Partners team. Thee primary purpose of the Associate Analyst will primarily assist in advancing the goals and initiatives of Retirement Partners, which includes supporting advisors who work with employer sponsored plans. This position will be responsible for several key functions in support of the RP platform management, including but not limited to RP compensation research, account research, project planning, development, implementation and management, and data analytics. Collaborating across the Retirement Partners Department, as well as other LPL teams, the Associate Analyst will fulfill SLA's for all daily and research items, and is also responsible for responding to individual Advisors daily. Through communication/collaboration and project management within the retirement partner’s division, this role will work in conjunction with other groups inside retirement partners and LPL as well as outside vendors, and advisors to fulfill service level agreements and provide support as needed. This position requires strong organizational and communication skills, the ability to operate in a highly dynamic multi-tasking environment, and demonstrated ability to creatively execute plans to address matters that frequently involve multiple parties. They should be able to manage their day independently, and be a quick learner as there are numerous systems that are a part of the analyst’s every day responsibilities, as well as gaining a working knowledge of the various tools and services used by RP focused advisors. Having a working knowledge of the various recordkeeping providers and an understanding of their products and services is a plus.
1. The Essential function of this position is to process and research retirement plan compensation within the plan pay period. Work collectively with the Platform Analyst team to fulfill RP related Advisor inquires, service level agreements, research across multiple parties, and troubleshoot processing errors. Work with RP Leadership to manage the ongoing projects and key initiatives of LPL-RP. This Position achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations for implementing production, productivity and quality standards; resolving problems; identifying trends; escalating issues / needs and putting forward recommendations that will have the greatest impact on the Department and Organization, 50%.
2. Address all RP Business related communications within RP Compensation general electronic mailbox, 30%.
3. Identify priorities and organizational needs in collaboration with management to monitor results and assist Platform Management team in fulfilling the Department objectives, 10%
4. Partner with RP consultants to respond to and resolve complex issues relating to RP compensation 5%.
5. Develop working knowledge of designated list of RK Providers assigned as well as associated plans to further assist LPL RP focused advisors as needed, 5%.
Other Job Duties:
1. Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
2. Demonstrates business maturity; strong verbal and written communication skills
3. Strong time management skills and a proven ability to follow tasks through to completion
4. Ability to navigate strategic internal relationships across various LPL Departments
5. Strong meeting facilitation and presentation skills
6. Strong business judgment, problem solving
7. Strong attention to detail with a pro-active approach to solving and preventing problems
8. Highly motivated and able to adapt to changing priorities
9. Ability to be consultative in approach; diplomatic
10. Strong team builder, inclusive by nature
Minimum Experience Required:
2-3 years’ experience with specialized retirement plan expertise in order to help navigate various groups inside LPL as well as work with outside vendors, technology firms, advisors, etc.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills is required. Positive, customer focused attitude and demeanor with a desire to provide outstanding service. Needs to work well in groups and have good problem solving skills and be able to accept constructive feedback. LPL Retirement Partners is a fast-growing dynamic division so individuals will need to be able to multi-task and adjust quickly to the changing environment
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.