Associate Analyst, Performance & Data ReconApply Job ID: R-016948 Date posted: 08/26/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Our Associate Analyst in Performance & Data Recon is a team expert responsible for providing unparalleled customer support for LPL’s Client Reporting application. The Associate Analyst will join our specialized service team and will be responsible for frontline call support and collaborating with advisors with complex performance reporting inquiries. In addition, the Associate Analyst will be responsible for investment transaction accounting, position reconciliation, research of varying data quality issues, root cause analysis, solution implementation, and special projects as necessary. The Associate Analyst is knowledgeable in performance reporting methodologies such as internal-rate -of-return and time-weighted return and is comfortable providing clear explanations of how these methodologies relate to customer investment portfolios. In addition to this, Associate Analyst should have a working knowledge of various investment products such as equities/fixed income, mutual funds, alternative investments, and annuities. This role requires the ability to feel comfortable working in an agile environment with competing priorities.
- Provide unparalleled support to advisors on a phone queue taking 10-15 calls per day
- Collaborate with team-members on multiple and possibly overlapping customer requests
- Support customers by fielding escalations and providing performance-related explanations
- Transaction accounting to analyze firm-wide investment activity
- Review and validate performance figures then resolve any resulting discrepancies
- Collaborate effectively and efficiently with other business units to correct recurring issues
- Identification of reporting defects
- Ability to identify patterns in data
- Root Cause analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics or similar
- 2+ years in the brokerage and financial services industry
- Strong understanding of managing investment performance data
- Understanding of time-weighted and money-weighted performance calculations
- Strong knowledge of advisory accounts including centrally managed platforms
- Knowledgeable in portfolio and investment sleeve transaction accounting and reconciliation
- Knowledgeable in a wide range of investments, including but not limited to; mutual funds, fixed income products, options, common stocks, and annuities
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of Word, Outlook, Visio, and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with keen attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform under pressure in a team-oriented environment
- FINRA licensing a plus
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.