Associate Marketing ConsultantApply Job ID: R-005973 Date posted: 03/13/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
Associate Marketing Consultant: Sales Optimization
The Sales Optimization team collaborates with multiple business units from the sales and consulting teams to transform business strategies into sales activities to promote advisor growth and retention. This team has the responsibility for providing the sales teams with end-to-end programs that include sales events, campaigns and collateral materials that drive sales growth, engagement and adoption. This also includes advisor education and sponsor related support.
The Associate Marketing Consultant will primarily be responsible design, innovation, and maintenance of the Advisor University event portals to better prepare advisors for conferences and help drive advisor activity to grow Net New Assets and engagement drives activity. They will also provide project management support for multiple events.
The primary goals for this position include:
- Promote and drive advisor Net New Asset growth through activities
- Focus on the client perspective and embrace a culture of making it easy for them to do business with us
- Enhance communication through activities for multiple audiences: Advisors, Business Units, Sales Partners
Broad responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design/maintain innovative event portals to better prepare advisors for sales activities and drive action to help grow Net New Assets and engagement.
- Project management assist in partnership with the event owner
- Collaborate effectively with sales business units, internal and external consultants, and the conference team to plan and manage projects needed to execute advisor facing events
- Submit presentations and collateral for compliance review for all of the webinars, workshops and conferences, as needed
- Support and manage the creation and development of conference content and in-house websites
- Manage all activities with Procurement
- Prepare materials for the national conference, top producer meetings, business unit specific symposiums, and more
- Support a robust schedule of regional workshops and webinars focused on the platforms and products offered
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in marketing preferred
- Strong skills in PowerPoint, Word, Adobe Acrobat, and Excel required
- Project management experience required
- Knowledge of SQL, Java, C++ preferred, but not required
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail
- Superior communications skills, both oral and written
- Perform effectively under short deadlines and changing priorities meeting and exceeding goals
- Self-motivated; able to learn on own initiative
- Must be proactive and have a positive attitude
- Grace under fire
- Ability to elicit confidence and build rapport
- Responsible, efficient, and flexible
- Willingness to take on additional tasks and learn new things
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.