AVP, Advisor M&A (Deal Specialist)Apply Job ID: R-008777 Date posted: 02/06/2020 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
At LPL Financial, we are seeking a strong AVP to join our team as a member of our Advisor Financial Solutions department to be part of our Advisor M&A team.
As the Assistant Vice President of Advisor M&A, you will help guide our advisors through the execution of M&A Transactions. The Advisor M&A group is in the process of building an end-to-end platform for our advisors to access during M&A transactions and will play an instrumental role as the advisor's point person throughout the lifecycle of a deal.
- Point person for execution of Advisor M&A Transactions
- Generalist skillset with ability to turn a complex M&A process into something easy to understand at all levels of expertise
- Continue to develop Advisor M&A execution platform and maintain/create efficient processes
- Leverage technology to automate manual work and simplify processes where feasible to create a highly scalable, flexible, and efficient infrastructure
- Interfacing with business unit counterparts to address specific needs of advisors
- Creating reporting and analysis to drive Advisor business decisions
- Handle escalations by both internal business partners and our Advisors
- Ad-hoc analysis, financial modeling, and additional responsibilities as required
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Business, or Economics (or a related discipline) is preferred
- 5-7 years in corporate finance, investment banking, private equity or corporate development experience preferred
- Effective communication, presentation and writing skills
- MS Excel and PowerPoint expert
- Experience with CRM tools such as Salesforce is a plus
- Driven by process and efficiency
- Ability to work comfortably with incomplete information and deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work within a team, take the initiative and show strong attention to detail is critical
- Ability to create concise and decision supporting analysis is essential
- Proactive problem solver, expected to present problems and recommendations simultaneously
- Positive attitude, commitment to excellence and integrity
- Self-Driven individual with high level of motivation
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.