AVP, Alternative Investment Product ManagementApply Job ID: R-002719 Date posted: 04/11/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
LPL Financial is currently searching for an AVP of Alternative Investments to join the Investor & Investment Solutions (IIS) group. As part of the Product Management team within IIS, this role is responsible for the day-to-day management of the alternative investment platform with an emphasis on marketing, product management, sales support, and product provider interface. The Product Management team within the IIS group is responsible for delivering a highly competitive set of investment solutions. This role is a key resource for both IIS and High-Net-Worth (HNW) consulting teams - working with advanced markets scenarios, best practices and sponsor opportunities. This role maintains strong relationships with LPL’s alternative investment partner firms to collaboratively deliver the necessary tools, resources, and communications that help LPL Financial advisors remain competitive.
The primary goals for this position include:
- Product Management- act as subject matter expert for alternative investments across the firm, responsible for set up and organization of all past, new, and existing alternative investment products on LPL Financials platform:
- Assist with the management of the alternative investment platform with an emphasis on product closings, new product launches and collaborative communications across business units including Operations, Research, Compliance, Risk, Legal, Sponsor Relations, Finance, Commissions and Accounting
- Drive sales and increased penetration in various investment products (REITs, BDCs, Private Equity, Hedge Funds, Managed Futures and Alternative Strategy Mutual Funds) primarily through the following activities:
- Develop new marketing materials, Advisor and Client-facing presentations, and sales campaigns including marketing plans working with the sales and consulting teams to drive investments sales
- Communicate with advisor base on product availability, important business rules, and overall awareness of platform
- Develop, and coordinate new product launches- including new product set up and marketing plan
- In partnership with business intelligence teams, understand and utilize segmentation to target messages to specific audiences
- Maintain all existing marketing materials in collaboration with Marketing Regulatory Review (MRR) and Training
Broad responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate monthly sales reports for alternative investments
- Monitor concentration levels of product exposure with an emphasis on risk mitigation
- Onboard new products with coordination between sponsor firms and Operations, Complex Product Supervision, Service, and Risk Management
- Create, execute and deliver marketing campaigns including conference calls, WebEx, Brainsharks, conferences, and virtual study groups
- Participate in Product Review Committee
- Maintain the LPL Financial Resource Center Alternative Investment pages ensuring that material is kept up-to-date and accurate including but not limited to the following: Funds-at-a-Glance, Approved List, Upcoming Product Closings and Due Diligence Pipeline
- Create and maintain an inventory of current advisor and client presentations for each of the investments categories, ensuring that these represent concise messages with an emphasis on risks associated with investing
- Represent IIS at LPL events, by presenting at educational regional workshops and participation at industry conferences and education forums
- Responsible for coordinating with the Advisor University (sales events) team on scheduling and execution of campaigns including regional workshops, conference calls and webinars
- Build advisor success stories and key sales tools for the consultants to use in the field, including advisor spotlights and brainsharks on various types of investments.
- Train product sponsor firms’ sales desks and wholesalers to increase their efficiency and impact working with LPL Financial advisors.
Qualified candidates will have:
- A Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 5-7 years experience in the financial services industry, a minimum of 2 years’ experience in alternative investments
- Strong product management skills with an emphasis on alternative investments is preferred
- Series 7 and 63 license
- Other industry designations such as CAIA, CFA, and/or CFP, a strong plus
- Ability to work across an organization and gain consensus
- Strong presentation skills, experience and comfort presenting with financial advisors
- Strong communication skills, time and priority management
- Strong attention to detail with a passion for results
- Strong skills in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Strong project management stills
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.