AVP, Apple EngineerApply Job ID: R-016431 Date posted: 07/21/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Are you a team player? Are you curious to learn? Are you interested in working in meaningful projects? Do you want to work with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial is one of the nation's leading financial services companies and a publicly traded company under ticker symbol LPLA. We support over 18,000 financial professionals—including over 14,000 independent advisors, more than 700 financial institutions, and over 4,000 institutional clearing and technology subscribers. We enable advisors to focus on their clients by reducing the complexity of running their practice and we support their business by offering enabling technology, comprehensive clearing and compliance services, practice management programs and training, and independent research. At LPL, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients. And Technology is at the center of our mission.
The AVP, Apple Engineer provides Apple device and infrastructure expertise to LPL. This position requires critical skills to operate, manage, deploy, troubleshoot, and resolve complex issues and maintain a secure and easy to use macOS operating system. A mastery level of understanding of macOS, Jamf Pro, Active Directory, PowerShell/Bash, TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, DNS, DHCP and Apple Business Manager is essential. This role will also be expected to provide documentation and knowledge transfer of the Apple Enterprise solutions to all Home Office Technology stakeholders. This position will also assist with providing direct support to our Sr. Executives on the Mac platform.
- Designing and implementing Apple Enterprise solutions, topologies, and services to ensure efficiency, security, and reliability of current macOS operations
- Leading teams to support effective customer service
- Analyzing Apple systems topologies and making recommendations on best practices to maximize uptime and increase operational efficiency
- Configuring and implementing system diagnostic and maintenance tools through the use of customized PowerShell/Bash scripting and policy implementation via Jamf Pro management console
- Remotely administers the configuration and maintenance of operating systems, software and end-user applications
- Arranging scheduled upgrades and adhering to existing Change and Problem Management Processes
- Expertise with implementing configuration baselines
- Expertise with vulnerability mitigation and patching
- Perform analysis of new hardware, operating systems, and software to mitigate vulnerabilities with existing policies and processes prior to implementation
- Reviews processes to determine suitability for system updates
- Developing a training curriculum for Desktop Operation, Engineering, and Service Desk team to more effectively support the platform.
- Acts as liaison between Desktop Analysts, Engineers and Service Desk, providing point of escalation for assessing needs of customers and developing services and processes to support
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline such as Computer Sciences or 5+ years related experience
- 4+ years Office 2016/O365 experience
- Mastery level of understanding of macOS, Jamf Pro, Active Directory, PowerShell/Bash, TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, DNS, DHCP and Apple Business Manager
- Must have mastery level experience with Mac image development, Device Enrollment Program and image deployment
- Strong business, technical and analytical abilities and ability to use advance problem solving to find answers for customer issue
- Self-starter with the ability to effectively work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to changes
- Ability to provide exemplary high touch customer service skills, problem resolution, and support for internal customers
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with ability to handle a wide variety of customer service situations
- Demonstrates great leadership through projects and daily tasks
- Experience with ITSM tools such as Service Now
- Proficient with application virtualization and delivery using VMWare and similar VDI technologies
- Ability to manage multiple end-user support and business as usual requests effectively
- Strong ability to strategize for the future and design technical solutions
- Ability and willingness to work nights, weekends, and On-Call support
- Very strong work ethic; must be able and willing to be a productive, reliable, and collaborative team member with the One Team One Mission mindset
- Expertise in deploying, administering, and maintaining disk encryption technologies
- 5+ years Jamf experience
- Jamf Software Center certification or other related Apple Mac Technician certifications strongly encouraged
- A clear understanding of Certificate Management and Troubleshooting, SMTP, SNMP, and knowledge of the 802.1x wireless internet standards
- Expertise in leading and delivering JAMF and other related tool solutions for patch deployments, tracking, reporting and remediation. Expert working knowledge of application packaging and deployment using programs and advertisements
- Application support experience for a large application portfolio in an enterprise environment required
- Strong experience with Exchange
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.