AVP, Application Production ServicesApply Job ID: R-002609 Date posted: 04/12/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The Technology group supports various business units across LPL Financial by providing critical business system development, application support and technical operational services. We are looking for a AVP, Application Production Services, who will be part of the TOPS (Technology Operation Planning & Support) Team that is responsible for ensuring system availability and stability as well as provide escalation support for LPL business partners and Technology teams. TOPS also play integral part supporting incident/problem management.
The AVP, Application Production Services will support Trading/Backoffice/Reporting applications across the entire brokerage platform. Leader will manage a small team (4 -8) of support analysts and application developers. Day-to-day responsibilities will include proactive monitoring, system problem triage, trend analysis, ticket tracking, testing and incident call participation. AVP will be instrumental in gathering data facts and presenting to our technology partners; with proactive and timely communications. Provide support for incident management, problem management (root cause analysis), and defect management, monitoring and health checks. Employ troubleshooting skills in support of incident management, working closely with technology groups and communicates directly with business and IT leaders.
- Collaborate with LPL Help Desks, DevOps and Infrastructure/Operations teams to promote performant system development and reduce customer system interruptions
- Engage in daily support calls with a focus on increasing efficiencies, reducing risk, and delivering exceptional service to advisors and other internal business partners.
- Utilizes their expertise in incident/defect management processes to identify innovative solutions and opportunities to add value.
- Analyzes, interprets, and effectively communicates trends in platform activity; recommends and implements improvements based on findings
- Provides support and coaching for employees and shows strong commitment to helping them grow and be successful. Committed to engaging employees and providing a positive, enjoyable, and challenging work environment
- Administratively responsible for resource management (Onshore/Offshore team members)
- Escalation point for all daily incident ticket management issues and critical system outages
- Partner with IT service management team to ensure problem tickets have complete root cause analysis and preventative actions defined
- Partner with PMO and RM (Release Management) to align production readiness
- Identification of defects through user acceptance testing in both the production and QA environments
- Root cause analysis of production environment issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences, with a keen attention to detail
- Strong customer service background
- Experience with DevOps processes
- Experience working within both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Strong knowledge of advisory accounts including centrally managed platforms
- Knowledgeable in portfolio and investment sleeve transaction accounting and reconciliation
- Knowledgeable in a wide range of investment products, including but not limited to; mutual funds, fixed income products, options, common stocks and annuities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Trading support desk experience a plus
- 5+ years in the brokerage and financial services industry
- 4+ years of application development and/or support
- 3+ years in technology management
- Minimum Education - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.