AVP, Applied Analytics and Business IntelligenceApply Job ID: R-008435 Date posted: 01/08/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The Assistant Vice President, Applied Analytics and Business Intelligence will be a member of the Market Intelligence, Data & Analytic Solutions (MIDAS) group within LPL’s broader Investor and Investment Solutions organization. The MIDAS team is responsible for leading firm-wide efforts that enable data-driven decision making throughout the firm. The vision of the MIDAS team is to deliver a superior client experience enabled by intelligent transformation. The Applied Analytics and Business Intelligence team act as the activation layer for our vision, by delivering data-driven insights to drive growth, improve profitability, and enhance the client experience.
The Assistant Vice President, Applied Analytics and Business Intelligence position will provide support to the various MIDAS teams and ensure the execution of critical priorities. The AVP will play a key role in developing project plans, creating executive presentations, and serving as an Analytics Translator for our stakeholders across the organization. As a member of the MIDAS team, the AVP will be responsible for navigating the organization to ensure alignment of priorities and completion of tactical efforts and workstreams. Additionally, the role will require consistent engagement with the team’s leadership to develop the resource allocation plan for analytical and research-based projects, orient the team priorities, and support broader management needs via ad hoc projects.
- Serve as an “Analytics Translator” for stakeholders in business units across the firm, and serve as a liaison between various MIDAS functions, such as Data Science, Data Strategy and Governance, Client and Market Intelligence, and Digital Analytics.
- Ability to lead individual projects or workstreams that span across multiple business units.
- Lead and participate in executive level meetings.
- Completes ad-hoc assignments that assist in the development and implementation of strategies and new processes.
- Thrives in a team atmosphere, as well as independently, and has the confidence to adjust and adapt as priorities change.
- Develop strong working relationships across the enterprise to enable a clearly defined mutual understanding of risks and opportunities while also achieving close alignment on business needs
- Leverages these self-cultivated relationships, business acumen and confidence to indirectly lead others, drive for results and ensure business goals and objectives are met in a timely, efficient and risk-conscious way.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a STEM discipline or Business Administration, is required; Master’s degree preferred
- Financial Services industry knowledge or certifications (e.g. CFP, CFA, CAIA) a plus
- 5 - 10 years of experience in an analytics function
- Experience managing quantitative team members/analysts preferred
- A high level of integrity, earning the trust of his/her peer groups and executives
- Experience presenting analytics and actionable insights to Senior Leaders
- Experience working with Data Infrastructure/Engineering & Data Science teams
- Personal confidence with outstanding leadership capabilities
- Ability to work in a team environment, motivate team members and influence the behavior of others
- Exceptional interpersonal and partnership skills and the ability to positively influence outcomes
- Highly motivated and able to adapt to changing priorities
Technology / Skill Requirements:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Excel and PowerPoint expertise necessary
- Proficiency working with dynamic data analytics/visualization tools, e.g., Tableau, Power BI, Alteryx
- Experience/understanding of relational databases, e.g., SQL Server, Oracle
- Experience/understanding of statistical analysis tools, such as Python, R, Minitab, SAS, or SPSS
- Experience/understanding of digital analytics tools like Adobe SiteCatalyst (Omniture) or Google Analytics, etc
- Experience/understanding of CRM tools like SalesForce or Microsoft Dynamics, etc
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.