AVP, Benefits ManagerApply Job ID: R-007593 Date posted: 09/11/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
We are currently looking to hire an AVP, Benefits Manager within the Total Rewards department, which is a part of LPL’s Human Capital organization. Reporting to the SVP, Total Rewards, and this position will support a full range of retirement benefits management, well-being benefits, deferred compensation (409a), and student debt. Additional, support the benefits administration with the ongoing maintenance and development of the benefits administration integration between Workday and ADP. This position will also be involved in supporting benefits during mergers and acquisitions.
- Administer and communicate benefit programs such as 401k, deferred compensation, medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, voluntary programs, wellness, etc., to our employees, and a deferred compensation offering for our advisers.
- Resolve adviser deferred compensation questions or concerns, support benefits implementation and administration including open enrollment process, and design and distribute benefits communication materials to employees and managers.
- Conduct merger and acquisition benefit analysis and serve as a key member of the Total Rewards team for benefits integration.
- Help manage vendor relationships and conduct regular audits in vendor systems to ensure compliance with plan structure and company policy.
- Ensure compliance with employment-related federal and state statutory requirements regarding employee benefits, and remain up-to-date on current benefit-related legislation.
- Assist with benefits for independent advisers, consisting of managing the vendor relationships for health benefits as well as deferred compensation.
- Promote the LPL Total Rewards offering, namely Benefits, throughout the organization by planning and conducting various educational seminars and using various communication vehicles.
- Leveraging vendor partners as necessary to ensure LPL is optimizing these relationships.
- Oversee wellness initiatives, such as bio-metric screenings as well as events conducted by onsite clinic and gym.
- Maintain “One Team, On One Mission” outlook with benefits throughout all LPL office locations.
Other Job Duties
- Assist with the Retirement Committee meetings
- Assist in preparation of required annual filings
- Complete vendor/carrier billings
- Worker’s Compensation plan management as necessary
- Works effectively with other benefits team members, as well as the HR Solutions Center, Talent Acquisition and HR Consultants on various projects and processes as assigned
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field or a combination of education and progressive work experience in employee benefits required
- Minimum of 6 years of advanced professional experience in benefits administration required
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions with a focus on benefits
- Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) preferred
- In-depth knowledge of Federal and multi-state benefits law (California knowledge a plus)
- Ability to oversee the preparation of government filings such as Form 5500, Summary Annual Reports and the Non-Discrimination testing
- Superb customer service skills and ability to work through issues through resolution
- Ability to exercise sound independent judgment and make decisions with integrity
- Strong project management skills
- Expert proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong written and verbal communication, listening, problem solving, interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Demonstrated high level of business, analytical, and financial acumen with the ability
- ADP and Workday experience preferred
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.