AVP - Business AnalystsApply Job ID: R-009487 Date posted: 04/30/2020 Primary Location TX-Austin Other Locations SC-Fort Mill , CA-San Diego
Assistant Vice President, Business Analyst
We are looking for an Assistant Vice President, Business Analyst with experience in analyzing client needs, gaps and communicating requirements, timelines and capabilities to a wide group of colleagues, customers and peers. Candidates should have extensive experience in data and system analysis with Oracle based applications and be adept at investigating and solving complex data and integration issues. As the trusted advisor for business units, ideal candidate will have strong facilitation, communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and an ability to build relationships with all levels within the organization. Financial services background and Commissions data and systems integration experience are highly desired.
Profile and Job Responsibility
- Lead design discussions with users, technical and functional stakeholders to analyze system functional, technical, integration and data needs and clarify, refine and document requirements.
- Critically evaluate information and data from multiple sources. Reconcile differences and troubleshoot issues. Be adept at decomposing high-level business needs into system requirements and explaining detailed technical concepts at a high level.
- Collaborate with developers, product managers, subject matter experts and users to communicate the proposed solution vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to translate requirements into application and operational deliverables.
- Research business requirements, document enhancement user stories, test cases and collaborate with Core team of developers to estimate level of effort
- Devise solutionsbased on business problems. The designs include requirements documentation, graphical representations, and presentations that describe the desired solution or product feature. Documentation will include business process flows, security access matrix, data mapping tables, integration diagrams, RACIs, application prototypes, user stories and specific, testable functional requirements.
- Be a liaison between the application development team, other technology teams and product managers.
- Using Solid understanding of project management practices, SDLC and Agile deliverables, manage requirements delivery to: create and review backlog, plan sprint releases, manage releases builds and deployments, manage release expectation and communication with product management and users.
- Manage change control process to help prioritize and estimate enhancements requests. Lead user advisory board and review sprints
- Proven ability to lead teams, create action plans & resolve obstacles to achieve deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to create a positive and professional business relationship with business and technology stakeholders at all levels.
- 3-5 years of experience functioning as a business analyst within a mid to large organization
- Expert experience with requirements gathering and management in Agile and Waterfall project approaches. Detail oriented and critical thinker.
- Experience in non-functional requirements gathering, traceability and UAT coordination and support.
- Demonstrable facilitation and leadership skills in requirements solicitation and review (user interviews)
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously. Must be comfortable in rapidly changing and sometimes ambiguous work situations.
- Comfortable working independently, adapting to shifting priorities, demands and timelines in a fast paced environment
- Keen attention to detail and complex problem solving abilities from operational and technical perspective. Ability to work independently and engage other team members as needed
- Ability to handle full workload and meet proposed deadlines
- Demonstrated understanding of data structures, data modelling, db schema is required. Knowledge of technologies including SQL, XML and web application concepts.
- Expert written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse groups, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Exposure to enterprise integration tools, and extract/transform/load (ETL) tools.
- Experience in Agile development methodology/Scrum is preferred
- Experience with Financial Industry is strongly preferred.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.