AVP - Business ConsultingApply Job ID: R-007224 Date posted: 07/29/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
The Assistant Vice President (AVP) will play a critical role on our Consulting Enablement & Effectiveness team within our Business Consulting department, which is responsible for client growth and retention. They will plan, execute and measure the success of our key consulting programs, as well as develop ongoing growth and development opportunities for our team members. This role will provide the candidate with an exceptionally broad view of LPL’s business and serve as critical support for senior management.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Enhancing our client retention and growth by leading the development and delivery of consulting campaigns.
- Increasing the skill and competencies of our Business Consultants through planning and execution of our ongoing training plan.
- Increase the effectiveness of our Business Consulting campaigns through the creation of sales or educational materials used throughout the consultative sales process. Examples include fact sheets, newsletters, emails and sales scripts.
- Augment the management reporting and key performance indicators (KPIs) used to monitor the success of our consulting engagements through oversight of and enhancements to our Client Relationship Management (CRM) software and other management tools.
- Improving awareness and responsiveness to client relationship issues through oversight of our escalation process.
- Proven ability to independently plan, organize, prioritize, and execute multiple work streams concurrently in a fast-paced environment to deliver outstanding results
- A client-centric mind-set and commitment to identifying opportunities to continually improve the client experience.
- Exceptional data management skills, including experience with the following:
- Navigating a complex data environment
- Identifying, extracting, integrating and working with data from multiple systems
- Using a thorough, detailed approach to ensure the highest level of data accuracy
- Strong teamwork and experience collaborating with individuals across lines of business, functional areas, and different levels of an organization
- Action orientation, willingness to take the initiative, and a desire to roll-up sleeves and dig into the depths of the business
- A commitment to constant self-improvement and a willingness to be coached
- Grace under pressure and a positive attitude
- Sharp analytical thinking skills and intellectual curiosity
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to find creative solutions for project and data challenges
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office product suite: Excel - expert, PowerPoint - intermediate, Word - intermediate
- High general business acumen demonstrated through bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of related experience, or MBA (or other relevant advanced degree) and 1+ years of relevant experience
- Retail financial advice industry experience preferred
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.