AVP - Business ConsultingApply Job ID: R-001885 Date posted: 12/07/2017 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
The AVP will play a critical role on our Consulting Support team within our Business Consulting department, which is responsible for client growth and retention. The AVP will plan, execute and measure the success of our key consulting programs, as well as develop ongoing growth and development opportunities for our team members. This role will provide the candidate with an exceptionally broad view of LPL’s business and serve as critical support for senior management.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Enhancing our client retention and growth by leading the development and delivery of consulting campaigns.
- Increasing the skill and competencies of our Business Consultants through planning and execution of our ongoing training plan.
- Improving awareness and responsiveness to client relationship issues through oversight of our escalation process.
- Increase the effectiveness of our Business Consulting campaigns through the creation of sales or educational materials used throughout the consultative sales process. Examples include fact sheets, newsletters, emails and sales scripts.
- Augment the management reporting and key performance indicators (KPIs) used to monitor the success of our consulting engagements through oversight of and enhancements to our Client Relationship Management (CRM) software and other management tools.
- Proven ability to independently plan, organize, prioritize, and execute multiple work streams concurrently in a fast-paced environment to deliver outstanding results
- A client-centric mind-set and commitment to identifying opportunities to continually improve the client experience.
- Exceptional data management skills, including experience with the following:
- Navigating a complex data environment
- Identifying, extracting, integrating and working with data from multiple systems
- Using a thorough, detailed approach to ensure the highest level of data accuracy
- Strong teamwork and experience collaborating with individuals across lines of business, functional areas, and different levels of an organization
- Action orientation, willingness to take the initiative, and a desire to roll-up sleeves and dig into the depths of the business
- A commitment to constant self-improvement and a willingness to be coached
- Grace under pressure and a positive attitude
- Sharp analytical thinking skills and intellectual curiosity
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to find creative solutions for project and data challenges
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office product suite: Excel - expert, PowerPoint - intermediate, Word - intermediate
- High general business acumen demonstrated through bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of related experience, or MBA (or other relevant advanced degree) and 1+ years of relevant experience
- Retail financial advice industry experience preferred
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.