AVP, Business Development - Enterprise Conversions & StrategyApply Job ID: R-024183 Date posted: 07/06/2022 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations NC-Remote , SC-Remote , CA-San Diego
LPL Financial is seeking an AVP to join our Enterprise Strategy & Conversion team within LPL’s Business Development group. As a trusted partner you will drive solutions, lead cross-functional teams, and contribute to the deep and thoughtful analysis that enables our leadership team to make informed decisions regarding product development, M&A transactions, and our organic growth strategy.
The ideal candidate for this role has a combination of strong business acumen, a consulting mindset, and software, product, and financial knowledge to assist with the development and delivery of new business lines, software tools, and integration of proprietary M&A. Additionally, you will ensure creative and continuous improvements to our advisor facing products – with the goal of exciting our advisor base, leading the market, and attracting additional business.
This team within Business Development focuses on enterprise product & program management, specifically the execution of large cross-functional programs to support our strategic initiatives and product development efforts. The teams’ goal is to leverage both the strengths of our existing business model and expand into new markets where we enhance the capabilities we offer our customers in the wealth management space. You will have the opportunity to work on the firm's highest priority initiatives to provide leadership with timely, accurate, and insightful commentary and recommendations. You will gain a full understanding of, and the ability to explain, all business aspects of our products/platforms while working with numerous business units across the firm. This role will embrace strategic, entrepreneurial, analytical, product, and project management skillsets to support our growth and positioning across the entire wealth management market as LPL continues to expand.
What will you do as the Assistant Vice President, Enterprise Conversions & Strategy?
- Lead due diligence, technology consulting initiatives, and integration activities to support Merger & Acquisition opportunities
- Formulate the strategic assessment, operational build-out, and implementation of onboarding new affiliation models (i.e. business lines/channels)
- Create technical product requirements for development teams
- Prepare best-in-class reports and presentations related to LPL’s strategic plays, potential M&A transactions, and growth initiatives that are SVP+, C-Suite, and Board ready
- Assist in the management of strategic initiatives and projects that are undertaken, in an efficient and effective manner
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can lead multiple workstreams to deliver a world-class client experience. Additionally, we are looking for someone to execute and thrive in a fast-paced environment, are driven to progress innovative solutions centered on client experience in a team-oriented fashion. The Assistant Vice President role should be able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
What skills, experiences, and education are advantageous?
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 5 - 10 years' product management, management consulting, corporate strategy, or project management preferably within a financial services or related FinTech firm
- Ability to effectively manage multiple initiatives/projects at one time, work within a team, show strong attention to detail, communicate clearly and concisely, work comfortably with incomplete information, and deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Self-driven individual with high level of motivation, positive attitude, commitment to excellence and integrity, and hunger to contribute to a growing team in a start-up-like atmosphere
- Must possess highly-tactical skills and strong proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and be interested in learning tools such as: Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Robust analytical skills with an ability to identify relevant data, evaluate business opportunities within the context of a larger organization, influencing leadership based on data-driven decisions by presenting findings in a clear and actionable manner
- Proactive problem solver, expected to present problems and recommendations simultaneously
- Partner with cross-functional teams and business leaders to develop, execute, and implement strategies to enhance LPL M&A processes
- Ability to travel as needed
- The preferred candidate will be local to an LPL corporate office
- FINRA Licenses or industry designations preferred
What does your success look like in the first 90 days?
- Immersing yourself and learning as much as you can about the nuances of team processes and tools, the industry, company, and our advisors
- Bringing fresh perspective, ideas, and critical thinking to how our growing team operates, consistently asking questions and pushing for progress over perfection
- Working with others in the team, department, and across the company to understand the LPL ecosystem and how it pertains to our strategic plays, new business lines, M&A deals, and product development
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.