AVP, Business Information Security OfficerApply Job ID: R-011757 Date posted: 11/10/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations TX-Austin , CA-Remote , CA-San Diego
An Associate Vice President (AVP) on the Business Information Security (BIS) team reports to the Information Security and Technology Risk department. In this role, you will be supporting a Technology team to develop a deep understanding of their organization in order to have specialized cyber security risk-based discussions. This relationship will ensure a focus on the correct risk priorities, provide guidance on information security policies and controls, audits, regulations and input on new development. The individual will work to ensure Information Security risks are proactively managed, effectively controlled and/or remediated.
- Builds relationships and engages frequently with technology leaders
- Actively engages with senior leaders to address, identify and/or escalate security concerns and emerging risks
- Work collaboratively with product teams to identify key risks to products and understand risk tolerance in order to identify solutions and provide guidance
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, and adhering to policy
- Proactively identifies information security deficiency or opportunities for improvement to better enable business security.
- Monitor current and proposed laws, regulations, and industry standards related to IT risk, privacy, and information security
- Promotes awareness of current security policies and standards, as well as revisions and developments; provide consistent interpretation of policy
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems or related field, or equivalent experience
- 6+ years or more of experience in information security, technology risk or audit related role
- CRISC, CISA, CISM or CISSP certification, a plus
- Project management experience highly desired
- Ability to interpret and apply policies and regulations across a large, complex business
- Good listening, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Ability to interface with all levels of staff and management
- Financial services industry experience preferred
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.