AVP, Business Insights
Do you have a passion for applying analytics tools to uncover novel insights that drive real business outcomes?
Have you lead high performing teams who have considerable impact on their internal customers?
If so, then LPL Financial is the place for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
The AVP, Business Insights will be a team leader within the Strategy & Data Analytics team. The Data & Analytics team is an entrepreneurial, high-performing team leading the National Sales & Marketing organization’s utilization of data analytics through providing reporting, insights and thought leadership. Our team is built on the understanding that data creates value and drives progress.
The AVP, Business Insights partners with team members across the Strategy & Analytics team and National Sales & Marketing teams to enable execution and measurement of strategic initiatives, business performance, and sales growth. The AVP, Business Insights plays an instrumental role in the delivery of analytics-driven insights to our business partners across the organization. Key recent initiatives of the Data Analytics team have included building reporting automation for key business insights and performance metrics, identifying common growth drivers of advisors who are growing their practices through exploratory data analysis, and delivering visualization and insights to the sales and consulting teams on the value of sequences and sets of activities.
The AVP, and their team, will help drive organizational change through efficiencies in automation, process improvement, and exploratory data analytics. In addition, the AVP will collaborate with National Sales & Marketing stakeholders including executive leadership.
- Contribute to the design, architecture, documentation, development, deployment, and support of Data Visualization tools.
- Full life cycle experience (requirements gathering through production deployment) in all aspects of software development using BI Tools like Tableau, Alteryx, and OBIEE.
- Translate business needs into technical and system design specifications.
- Provide architecture and design guidance to other developers; drive resolution for technical issues and provide alternative solutions.
- Prioritize ad-hoc analyses as appropriate to support priority business projects; Respond in a timely manner to ad-hoc questions from executives.
- Lead a team to translate and visualize data into information and insights to discover trends and patterns for solving the business problem and improving KPIs.
- Lead and collaborate on exploratory data analytics involving large complex data sets to provide insights, recommendations, and business impact.
- Lead developing, maintaining, and managing reporting, analytics, dashboards, and other Business Intelligence solutions with team.
- Challenge traditional business assumptions and biases, think creatively and collaborate with other data team members on cross-functional initiatives that improve the business or create new ways of thinking about the business.
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators with a technical background who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Sociology, Mathematics, Finance, Economics, or related discipline.
- Minimum of 4-5 years in an advanced analytical function is required.
- Exceptional problem solving skills that enable efficient identification of issues, development of hypothesis, and the execution of robust quantitative analyses to answer business questions.
- Intellectually curious and have a background in data analyses, as well as leveraging Tableau to turn data into meaningful and actionable reporting.
- Skills that help you stand out/differentiate:
- Proficiency in statistical analysis languages such as R or Python
- Experience working with relational databases (e.g., SQL Server, Oracle), distributed technologies (e.g., Hadoop, Spark) and cloud based platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, Snowflake).
- Demonstrated skill in predictive analytics, machine learning, and 2+ years of experience with data modeling skills (conceptual, logical, and physical model design, Operational Data Stores, Enterprise Data Warehouses and Data Marts).
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.
- Financial Advisor - Sharonview Federal Credit Union Locations: Wilmington, North Carolina
- Financial Advisor - SouthState Bank Locations: Coral Gables, Florida
- Financial Advisor - Central Trust Bank Locations: Overland Park, Kansas
You have no saved jobs. Start browsing jobs here