AVP, Business Solutions, Internal Consulting ManagerApply Job ID: R-008807 Date posted: 02/10/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Role Description and Responsibilities
AVP, Business Solutions (Biz Sol), is responsible for the sales, adoption, and growth of the LPL Business Solutions suite of services (Marketing Solutions, Administrative Solutions, CFO Solutions, and Technology Solutions) by LPL Financial affiliated financial advisors, institutions, and prospects across a specific geographic territory. The AVP of Biz Sol, Internal Consulting, is responsible leading our internal consulting team to drive results.
Responsibilities: AVP, Business Solutions, Internal Consulting Manager, is responsible for executing the internal consulting framework and sales strategy with their internal consulting team. The internal consulting team is a team of experienced and proactive phone/digital sales associates. Travel in this role is limited but expected on occasion to conferences and to respective home office locations. The AVP, Business Solutions will represent LPL Financial and the National Sales & Consulting team’s perspectives on various steering committees, project initiatives, marketing strategy/execution, sales campaigns, sponsor partner support, business intelligence implementation, leadership committees and conference planning execution as needed. They will be responsible for the ideation and execution of initiatives, campaigns, implementation of best sales practices, and employee performance and accountability.
- Creating and maintaining a positive culture that values high performance, collaboration, transparency and talent development
- Provide sales support, strategy, and tactics to increase adoption and growth of business solutions to internal stakeholders including but not limited to:
- Business Consulting
- Business Development
- National Sales and Consulting
- Corporate Strategy and Finance
- Compliance, Risk, and Legal
- Sponsor Relations
- Marketing and Product/Platform Management
- Examine trends, develop insights, and create solutions in order to better support employees, advisors, and stakeholders.
- Provide coaching, performance management, training, and accountability for sales, activity, and initiatives.
- Achieve budget goals to ensure that departmental and organizational objectives are met and are in line with the needs and mission of the organization.
- Strong professional presence with the ability to interact with and influence peers, leaders, and reports
- Achieving sales goals to ensure that departmental and organizational objectives are met and are in line with the needs and mission of the organization
- Identify opportunities and create programs to increase adoption of Business Solutions Suite, advisor satisfaction, and adoption/satisfaction of LPL enterprise services, including: LPL Research, Business Intelligence, Sponsor Relations, Marketing, Compliance, STO, and Product/Platform
- Manage attrition risk of Advisors by proactively partnering with internal stakeholders to resolve high profile and complex situations
- Cross functional interaction, partnership, and referrals are expected across the Unified Sales Organization, including but not limited to:
- Advisory Consulting
- Financial Planning
- Private Client Services
- Private Trust Company
- Life Insurance and Annuity
- Retirement Partners
- A Bachelor's degree is preferred with a minimum of 5 - 10 years’ experience in the financial services industry
- Previous managerial experience of sales internal desk with proven experience in execution of proactive sales strategy.
- Strong presentation skills, experience and comfort working with internal stakeholders to drive a ONE TEAM on ONE MISSION CULTURE
- Strong relationship and people management skills.
- Strong communication skills, time and priority management.
- Experience consulting and understanding challenges/opportunities of small business owners, Institutions, RIAs, and Large Enterprises Groups.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.