AVP Business Systems Analyst (Lead BSA)Apply Job ID: R-006719 Date posted: 05/20/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
We are looking for an AVP, Business Systems Analyst (Lead BSA) who will be part of the Application Development, Finance Technologies Team within the Technology organization. Under the direction of the Application Development Manager, the Lead BSA will play a critical role as a liaison between the development team and the customers, helping design and implement enterprise application systems for advisors and the home office.
- Understand key business processes, help develop a vision for the product and assist customers with meeting their technology needs
- Gather requirements with end users and prepare detailed documentation including business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, workflows, interfaces, etc.
- Coordinate the developmental activities with the development team and manage project time lines and business expectations
- Schedule and lead requirements and design discussions with customers of all levels throughout the organization
- Perform query and reporting analyses; document data sources and data mappings to support requirements and reporting needs
- Be a liaison between the application development team and the stakeholders
- Manage and ensure requirements are met through the entire SDLC process, collaborating with the necessary teams and individuals throughout design, development and release activities
- Provide user references by writing and maintaining application documentation, user guides, training material, etc.
- Manage UAT activities, product backlog and defects
- The candidate should be comfortable functioning in a leadership role with development teams that consist of developers and analysts both onshore and offshore
- Ability to innovate and explore possibilities, ability to match business needs with technology solutions
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously and demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally in both a technical and non-technical forums.
- Experience with financial services industry a plus
- Strong experience with creating business, functional and technical requirement specifications including process flows, use cases, and high-level design diagrams and subsequently crafting it so it’s suited for its intended audience (preferably using Visio)
- Experience with reporting tools like SSRS, Tableau and PowerBI
- Adept at SQL queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Experience working with all phases of project life cycle, software methodology (Agile/Waterfall etc.,) and knowledge of process management
- Experience in facilitating software project implementations with developers
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of relevant work experience as a BA or BSA
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills to effectively establish/maintain positive working relationship with technical and non-technical personnel
- Experience in development of project documentation, testing materials and execution, training materials, requirements gathering including downstream and upstream interface requirements and adhering to a project management methodology is a must
- Basic project management skills and understanding of project management lifecycle
- Strong analytical skills and overall business acumen.
- A self-starter who is proactive in solving problems and getting results.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.