AVP, Central SupervisionApply Job ID: R-002263 Date posted: 02/08/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Assistant Vice President, Central Supervision (CS)
The Assistant Vice President (AVP) of Central Supervision (CS) is a full time position located in Fort Mill, SC. The AVP will lead a team of up to 3 Managers or Team Leads and will have two core responsibilities: 1) Lead and manage the respective Managers or Team Leads and 2) Assist with projects and initiatives in Central Supervision. The AVP will manage a territory consisting of teams of Central Supervision Principals (CSPs) and their respective managers or Team Leads. The Central Supervision Principals’ primary responsibilities will include the review and approval of account documentation, various security transactions (Trade Blotter), risk-based sales practice items (OSJ Review Tool), non-electronic correspondence, Advisory account activity, as well as identification and escalation of sales practice issues.
The position will require strong leadership, prioritization skills, and a willingness to motivate the team to focus on the timely completion of tasks at the highest level of quality. The CS AVP will be expected to have a hands-on approach to ensure strict adherence to the firm’s Written Supervisory Procedures as it relates to supervision conducted by the Central Supervision.
- Provide direct reports on going feedback, instruction, guidance, and address escalations within their various teams
- Responsible for the overall performance of the territory including, but not limited to the completion of Supervisory tasks within their defined service-level agreements and maintaining a satisfactory rating from quality assurance
- Will have ownership and be responsible to drive and coordinate enhancements for department quality processes, capacity modeling, and reporting
- Responsible for creating and delivering quantitative and qualitative reports for their respective territory, as well as present weekly to senior management the results and overall management plan
- Assist with Projects and initiatives in Central Supervision
- Coordinate responses to regulatory and internal inquiries, including inquiries from Legal and Regulatory Exams
- Develop and maintain processes for responding to and proactively addressing supervisory concerns
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline preferred
- 7+ year’s industry experience
- Licenses/Certifications Required/Preferred: Series 7, 9 and 10 (or Series 24); Series 4 & 53 required or must pass within 120 days of employment (for candidates with S24); Series 63 or 66
- Experience with all Microsoft applications, particularly, Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Visio. Familiarity with BETA, Proactive Surveillance, Broadridge, Documentum, various brokerage systems, and client management systems a plus
- Provide thought leadership for supervisory processes and associated advisor policies and procedures, including active participation in various cross-organizational committees.
- Identify, influence and implement field-facing initiatives based on trends within supervision including clarification of policy, communication and/or training to educate and technology enhancements.
- Work closely with business partners at senior levels in areas across the organization. Identify and resolve gaps in supervision arising from technology or other challenges that prevent BAU and identify interim solutions to satisfy supervisory requirements.
- Participate in sensitive situations including meetings with FINRA, SEC and state regulatory agencies and potential client litigation. Accurately reflect details of the supervisory process while maintaining a high level of authority and professionalism to positively reflect on the firm’s risk mitigation efforts. Manages reviews from Field Office Inspections and other internal audit functions. Responsible for timely responses to requests and identified gaps and for implementing supervisory processes including changes to comply with legal and regulatory expectations.
- Contact with all levels of field leadership, multiple field committees and senior corporate leaders. Maintaining good relationships with leaders while providing guidance and constructive feedback is critical and the candidate must have strong knowledge of the supervision processes within the team in order to communicate consistent messages. A complete analysis of information from multiple systems is required on sensitive issues escalated to leadership for review.
- Maintain understanding of the technology used within each supervisory function for strategy development and prioritization both within the covered business line and as a part of the overall CS technology strategy. Responsible for the tactical development of the tools used as a supervisory system of record, and must be influential on other tools and systems from which the CS derives data.
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.