AVP - Client & Market Insights and AnalyticsApply Job ID: R-008500 Date posted: 01/08/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The Market Intelligence, Data & Analytic Solutions (MIDAS) business unit is an entrepreneurial, high-performing group focused on building out LPL’s insights, data and analytic capabilities. Key focus areas include strengthening the use of our data and insights as a strategic asset, ensuring strong data quality/governance, and integrating analytics-based solutions into our firm’s DNA and the products our client’s utilize every day.
The Client Intelligence & Market Analysis (CIMA) team within MIDAS collects and analyzes data from a variety of sources to better understand our business, our clients/advisors, and our competition. CIMA delivers foundational client and market insights that combine with other data streams to increase knowledge and understanding for our stakeholders.
As a part of the CIMA team, the AVP of Client & Market Insights and Analytics will contribute to the development of an improved insights and analytics program by serving as partner to key stakeholders groups, including Product & Platform, Business Development & Consulting, and Marketing Communications. The AVP will demonstrate strong thought leadership and a deep knowledge/breadth of experience in consumer insights, application of diverse methodologies, survey design and project execution in order to successfully support strategic initiatives and identify growth opportunities for the firm. Experience working on agile teams focused on iterative development and sprint-paced execution will prove valuable for helping move critical initiatives forward.
A successful candidate will have a passion, curiosity and empathy for our clients, a strong desire to continually improve the world around them, and a successful track record of working in collaborative, high-performing teams. The AVP will combine soft social skills with analytical skills and use integrative thinking to convey research findings to drive actions with key business partners.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist in building insights and analytic capabilities, identifying innovative research partners and facilitating the internal adoption of evolving and emerging research methods
- Develop strong relationships and consult with internal business partners to understand priorities and develop research and analysis plans to effectively address their needs
- Provide thought leadership within cross-functional teams responsible for guiding product and service concepts through the development process
- Ensure insights are clearly articulated and business recommendations stay true to the core insight
- Identify and monitor success metrics that support overall business growth and profitability
- Represent the voice of the client to the business to inform strategic decision making
- Collaborate with internal partners to share ideas, best practices and promote collective thinking
We are looking for individuals with demonstrated skills in leadership, insights, analytics, team collaboration, a 'can-do' attitude, and ability to deliver breakthrough results. Specifically:
- 3+ years of experience in a market data analytics or consumer insights role; minimum 2 years of manager experience leading projects and/or teams
- A Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in business, data analytics, psychology, social studies, anthropology, or some other degree where you learned the skills required in this work
- Strong understanding of how to derive insights from multiple data sources (qualitative and quantitative); statistical qualification is not required, but comfort with data analysis is needed
- Knowledge of research best practices, including problem formulation, research design, research execution, analysis/interpretation, and compelling communication of results to enable focused action
- Ability to translate research findings into business insights and to communicate them in a way that is clear, meaningful and actionable for senior management
- Experience collaborating across business units (technical and non-technical) and managing key stakeholder relationships
- Strong ability to formally and informally lead/influence across functional teams
- Strong communication skills (oral and written), including demonstrated ability to establish productive relationships and interact effectively with business partners at all levels
- Analytical mindset, understanding of the importance of data-driven decision-making, and skills-set to accomplish data-driven goals, including establishing and monitoring KPIs/measures of success
- Proven ability to independently and efficiently manage multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment to deliver outstanding results
- Proficiency with survey programming software (ex: Qualtrics, Sparq, SurveyGizmo, etc.)
- Experience building and managing an online insights community is a plus
- A commitment to constant self-improvement and a willingness to be coached
- Good ability to balance rigor/process with nimbleness/creativity
- Persists despite set-backs and the ability to change course quickly when something isn’t working
- Comfortable with ambiguity, risk and excitement about envisioning the future
- Demonstrated storytelling skills to bring client and business opportunities to life
- Have a point-of-view, but able move forward together with a plan that best serves the interests of the business
- Proactive and action oriented, with the willingness to anticipate needs and take the initiative
- Retail financial advice industry experience
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.