AVP, CompensationApply Job ID: R-003303 Date posted: 06/01/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
We are currently looking to hire an AVP of Compensation within the Total Rewards/Shared Services department, which is a part of LPL’s Human Capital organization. Reporting to the VP of Total Rewards, provides a full range of senior level compensation analysis and supports the compensation function in the design, development, implementation and on-going analysis and management of company-wide compensation programs and initiatives.
- Drive the presentation and material preparation for the Compensation Committee of the Board
- Assist in the process of preparing the annual proxy CD&A (compensation summary tables, CEO pay ratio)
- Assist with financial analyses and modeling of pay packages in order to support and develop compensation recommendations for executives at SVP level and above as needed (external hires and internal executives)
- Support the annual cycle for senior executives, including market competitive review and compensation recommendation preparations for compensation committee meetings
- Assist with compensation presentation preparation for Management Committee meetings as needed
- Provide project planning, analysis, communication and ongoing support for the annual merit and year-end (bonus & LTI) processes as well as mid-year promotions and adjustments
Other Job Duties:
- Work on a variety of compensation projects as assigned including program design, analysis, cost analysis, guidelines and procedures
- Assist with annual salary survey submissions and benchmark analysis
- Works effectively with other compensation team members, as well as the HR Solutions Center, Talent Acquisition and HR Consultants on various projects and processes as assigned
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field or a combination of education and progressive work experience in HR Compensation required
- Minimum of 5 years of advanced professional experience in compensation administration required
- CCP preferred (attained or making progress towards achieving)
- Ability to use data to tell a meaningful and logical story
- Ability to exercise sound independent judgment
- In-depth knowledge of compensation theory and concepts including administration of compensation programs including job evaluation, performance management, salary surveys and Federal, State and local laws and regulations regarding compensation
- Experience preparing materials for the Compensation Committee of the Board and materials for the CD&A section of the Proxy Statement required
- Strong project management skills
- Analytical skills with high proficiency with Excel modeling & formulas
- Expert proficiency in PowerPoint and Word with the ability to use various charts and graphs
- Strong written and verbal communication, listening, problem solving, interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Demonstrated high level of business, analytical, and financial acumen with the ability
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.