AVP Continuous Improvement, Project ManagerApply Job ID: R-006937 Date posted: 06/25/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
We are currently looking to hire an Assistant Vice President (AVP) of Continuous Improvement for our Execution Management, Project Management Team within LPL’s National Sales and Consulting organization.
The AVP will be part of an entrepreneurial, high-performing Continuous Improvement team that is building out LPL’s Client Experience ecosystem. Client Experience plays a strategic role at LPL and is a critical element of business success.
As a Project Manager, you are accountable for working with executive sponsors, senior leaders and business analysts to define, socialize and attain buy-in of scope, benefits and expected outcomes in the early stages of project initiation. Ongoing planning, tracking and execution of projects of varying scale and complexity requires a high degree of skill in cross-functional collaboration, communication and leadership which you will be accountable for delivering. You should be comfortable with all aspects and mechanics of the project delivery life-cycle from pre-initiation through closure and possess a strong ability to consolidate inputs and business needs to inform and communicate target road maps, work breakdown, governance, milestones and timelines through the life of the project. An emphasis on journey mapping and executive level messaging via PowerPoint for EVP+ is a critical need in this role.
- Develop strong business relationships across the enterprise, including executive management, to enable a mutual understanding of project scope, risks and opportunities achieving close alignment with business needs
- Select, organize and lead project teams and establish clear roles, responsibilities and lines of communication
- Provide leadership to cross-functional teams while maintaining responsibility for delivering defined project outputs on time and that meet project quality criteria
- Keep management and key stakeholders well-informed on a timely basis on project progress, status and/or concerns for each assignment ensuring that client expectations and satisfaction are met or exceeded
- Identify issues and ensure timely actions to resolve, including escalating when necessary
- Ensure project documentation is complete, current and inventoried appropriately
- Work with managers, business analysts and stakeholders to identify and document business and regulatory requirements, process gaps and suggest solutions and approaches to remediation
- Leverage strong PowerPoint presentations, in addition to project documentation and artifacts, to communicate to steering committees, executive sponsors, finance, etc.
- Perform high-level business analysis when needed
Qualifications and Experience:
- Strategic mindset, with a pragmatic lens and a bias towards action
- Proven experience in process re-engineering and related tools (e.g. Lean, Six Sigma, Customer Journey and Process Mapping) illustrating current vs. target state
- Motivated by the idea of building a new continuous improvement capability within the firm
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high tolerance for ambiguity
- PMP Certification (preferred)
- Functions with a generalist mindset while also possessing an aptitude for strong analytical thinking and issue resolution
- Strong talent management skills by way of teaching and sharing knowledge to build capabilities across teams
- Strong project management background with the ability to successfully manage multiple projects and tasks at any given point
- Strong and demonstrated communication, problem solving and decision making skills
- Passion for driving the Advisor and Investor experience and ability to persuade others to share this vision, collaborate and execute
- Ability to identify and solve problems within the target scope, while having the foresight to see beyond the initial problem, preparing for potential downstream impacts
- Knows when to escalate issues to move concerns forward and when faced with ambiguity, step into the void to find solutions
- Ability to work in a cross-functional matrix environment, as well as willingness to jump in and support other teams or activities regardless of description
- Must have experience working on high-impact large scale projects that may span specific business units as well as the entire enterprise
- Advanced interpersonal and behavioral skills including team and individual leadership, oral and written communication, conflict resolution, negotiation, influencing and delegating
- Possess highly polished professional presentation skills to the highest levels in the organization and the ability to frame complex issues
- Strong work ethic and comfortable being a role model for others
- Minimum Education Required: Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum Experience Required: 7+ years of experience in project management related roles with a broker dealer, RIA, investment or financial services firm (preferred)
- Highly capable in Excel, Word, Visio, Tableau, Plainview and MS Project and/or Smartsheet
- Advanced knowledge and storytelling ability with PowerPoint for executive level communication
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.