AVP, Corporate FP&AApply Job ID: R-002358 Date posted: 02/22/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
LPL Financial was founded with a pioneering vision–to help entrepreneurial financial advisors establish successful businesses through which they could offer truly independent financial guidance and advice. Today, LPL Financial is one of the nation's leading diversified financial services companies and the largest independent broker/dealer supporting more than 15,000 financial advisors nationwide.
Under the guidance of the VP of Corporate FP&A and the head of FP&A, the team provides critical analytical support to executive leaders through financial analysis and visually compelling financial reporting.
Reporting directly to the VP of Corporate FP&A, the AVP role will lead a team of Financial Analysts that are responsible for partnering with Divisional FP&A and other members of the Finance department and Business to lead the company’s monthly forecasting and annual budgeting process.
The position will also lead the development of forecast and budget presentations for the head of FP&A and the CFO that are used in a variety of settings including Executive Management Committee reviews and Board of Directors meetings.
- Lead the monthly forecasting and annual budgeting process
- Provide Executive Management and the Board of Directors with transparent reporting of results and forecasts, highlighting significant assumptions as well as risks and opportunities
- Distill conclusions from financial analysis and results into succinct reporting with visuals and commentary appropriate for executive management
- Maintain and enhance the company’s rolling five year financial forecast model
- Drive continuous improvement in financial processes, leveraging technology and staffing resources
- Coach and develop Financial Analysts on their technical skills with forecasting, working towards reduced results variability over time
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Professional services firm or FP&A experience a plus
- High energy, strong work ethic, and the willingness to do what it takes to get results
- Strong quantitative skills along with the ability to take complex financial results and create concise financial reporting within PowerPoint presentations
- Effective communication skills and the ability to interact with various levels of management
- Ability to balance a strategic thinking process with attention to detail
- Strong project management, organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task
- Self-motivated and a solid team player ability to work effectively with other parts of Finance and develop a strong consultative relationship throughout the department
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics, MBA or CFA a plus
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.