AVP, Data Integration LeadApply Job ID: R-016824 Date posted: 08/31/2021 Primary Location TN-Remote Other Locations TX-Austin , CA-Remote , CA-San Diego
Are you a team player? Are you curious to learn? Are you interested in working in meaningful projects? Do you want to work with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 19,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to objective guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
We are currently looking to hire a tech lead (Senior Developer, AVP) within the Enterprise Data and Information Services team, which is part of LPL’s Technology organization. This position is responsible for leading a team to deliver data integration projects across a wide variety of systems in support of business functions and processes to improve advisor experience. The role will spend roughly 75% hands on contributing technical development and 25% project leadership.
- Lead development of services and integrations on cloud-native stack
- Adhere to industry standards and methodologies for software development
- Follow and provide feedback to technical guidance on standards, design patterns, architectural patterns and frameworks for services and integrations
- Collaborate with analysts, modelers and subject matter experts in domain and data modeling
- Support metadata management and information science practices that unlocks data as an asset for the firm and improves its usability through its lifecycle
- Maintain technical documentation that facilitate understanding, maintaining, reusing and refactoring of code
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or relevant experience in IT related software development or support
- 6-8 years’ experience in design and development of ETL integrations (batch or stream processing) using languages such as Java, .NET, Golang or Python
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Experience with design and development of RESTful web services using languages such as Java, .NET, Golang or Python (ex: ASP.NET Core in .NET 5)
- Knowledgeable of enterprise integration patterns
- Strong problem-solving skills (e.g., root cause analysis) to debug or improve existing systems
- Strong project leadership skills to manage Agile team to deliver product features
- Knowledgeable of API security best practices (e.g., TLS, CORS)
- Financial services industry experience is a plus
- Experience with developing on a major cloud computing provider (ex: AWS)
- Experience with integration with message frameworks (ex: TIBCO EMS, Kafka)
- Experience with domain/data modeling tools (e.g., erwin Data Modeler) or methodologies (e.g., Domain-Driven Design)
- Experience with development against relational database (ex: Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with DevOps toolchain that enables CI/CD pipeline (e.g., Git, TFS, Jenkins, TeamCity, Octopus, Puppet
- Optional Qualifications
- Experience with creation of metadata management artifacts such as data dictionary, business glossary, data flow map, data lineage diagram or ontologies
- Experience with design and development of services with high performance and scalability
- Experience with documenting RESTful web services with OpenAPI specification
- Experience with implementing authentication/authorization of RESTful web services
- Experience with design, implementation and adoption of container tech stack (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with development against non-relational database (e.g., key-value store, columnar store, graph database)
- Experience with functional (e.g., Cucumber) or performance (e.g., JMeter, BlazeMeter) testing tools/framework)
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.