AVP Employee RelationsApply Job ID: R-017118 Date posted: 09/21/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-Remote
We are currently looking to hire a remote AVP to join our Employee Relations team within Human Capital.
The role is the first point of contact for the customer to provide consultation and support on employee relations matters. This role will help ensure a fair and consistent approach and response aligned with company practices, policies, procedures and legal requirements.
1. Consult and coach employees and managers on employee relations matters including company policy interpretation, job performance and corrective action, and provide solution oriented recommendations and assists with the implementation of solutions.
2. Consults and advises employees and managers on leave of absence and workplace accommodation matters including, but not limited to: statutory leave, discretionary, non-statutory leave, disability and religious accommodation.
3. Records and analyzes HR data as needed to identify trends, provide recommendations, and develop action plans.
4. Partners with HR team and COEs on employment related initiatives; partners with the ER team to recommend and develop consistent practices and action plans.
5. General administrative duties such as scheduling, calendaring, word processing, data entry, email, scanning and copying.
- Bachelor's degree required, prefer HR, Psychology, Business or similar
- PHR/SPHR preferred, but not required
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in Employee Relations, or HR Business Partner
- Knowledge of and experience with interpreting employment and labor laws
- Knowledge of California employment laws and regulations, strongly preferred
- Experience working for a broker/dealer or in the Financial Services industry is strongly preferred
- Experience with managing statutory (federal/state) leaves of absence and disability/religious workplace accommodations
- Experience with training managers and employees on policies and procedures, and employee relations material
- Experience with managing employee relations cases from inception to resolution/completion
- Experience with conducting employment investigations and working with legal counsel on employment matters, as needed
- Experience with effectively managing and resolving conflict
- Experience with thriving in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with diffusing difficult situations
- Experience with collecting data and reporting on HR and/or Employee Relations metrics
- Strong MS Office skills (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Effective, active listening skills
- Deep analytical skills with demonstrated ability to work within the "gray" and make sound assessments and provide effective recommendations for varying situations/circumstances
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and across group settings with focus on adjusting to different work styles and personalities
- Rhetorically sensitive - knows what to say and when, as well as when to involve own manager
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.