AVP, Enterprise Business DevelopmentApply Job ID: R-023327 Date posted: 05/18/2022 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-Remote
Are you a team player?
Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently?
If so, then LPL Financial is the place for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Our Enterprise Business Development AVP will be responsible for proactively driving insurance sales within the network of BMO Harris, one of our largest institution clients. In conjunction with the VP of Insurance Distribution, this role will work with BMO leadership to execute on the strategy and increase sales. As the AVP of Enterprise business development, you will engage with all BMO advisors to uncover insurance opportunities through book and policy reviews as well as provide point of sales support.
This position will also function as an informal leader within our enterprise sales team. Responsibilities include regular contact with other LPL insurance team professionals (including internal sales consultants and case managers) as well as building relationships with LPL stakeholders across other disciplines. Assistance will be needed periodically for onboarding larger producing groups or advisors and working with LPL’s recruiting efforts to educate new recruits on the LPL Insurance offering.
Some of the activities and strategies that will be used to successfully grow insurance include:
- Proactive outreach: 1:1 meetings, small to mid- size group meetings, prospecting phone calls, targeted sales campaigns, webinars and client events.
- Point of sale support: Help advisors close business with end clients on phone calls and in person meetings
- The role will be approximately 75% phone/video call based and 25% field work. The phone work will consist primarily of proactively reaching out to advisors across the BMO organization in order to build relationships, help advisors identify opportunities and drive LPL Insurance sales.
- The field work will primarily consist of face to face advisor meetings, small group meetings, LPL workshops/conferences and some larger group settings.
- Responsible for building new and maintaining existing relationships with financial advisors to increase revenue from insurance sales. Ensuring trust from the financial advisor is crucial for the successful execution of the job
- Collaborate with financial advisors to include insurance in financial plan for clients. Ability to educate financial advisors on financial products and the process of selling insurance products.
- Conduct joint meetings with financial advisors and clients to educate and sell insurance. Additionally, actively consult and advise financial advisors to provide them with value-added strategies to increase the business with their clients
- Responsible for keeping financial advisors informed of rapidly changing products and carrier underwriting practices.
- Assist planners in the development of financial plans in the areas of wealth transfer, business planning and intergenerational transfers.
- Provide competitive intelligence to sales and product management on a regular basis, as well as reporting and managing contacts.
- Serve as the first point of contact for insurance planning conversations, supporting BMO Advisors.
- Be the subject matter expert on all tools and resources used in supporting the success and growth of Insurance sales.
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Series 6 (or 7) and 63, Life Insurance license required
- CLU, ChFC, or CFP, or willingness to obtain
- 5-7+ years life insurance sales or brokerage experience (BGA experience preferred)
- Proven track record of sales success
- Excellent phone communication and interpersonal skills required
- Self-starter, detail oriented and process focused
- Self-disciplined, with the ability to be proactive with strong follow-up mentality
- Winflex or other multiple insurance carrier illustration systems
- Ability to Interact well with all departments inside of LPL Financial
- Presentation and business planning experience required
- Ability to handle high volume and fast paced environment
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.