AVP, ERISA and Retirement OversightApply Job ID: R-022037 Date posted: 05/16/2022 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
Are you a team player? Are you curious to learn? Are you interested in working in meaningful projects? Do you want to work with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 19,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
The AVP, ERISA and Retirement Oversight, will be located in either Fort Mill, SC or San Diego, CA office within LPL’s Compliance, Legal and Risk (CLR) organization. The individual will report to and assist the VP on ERISA and Retirement initiatives within the CLR organization with our various business partners as well provide managerial support to a team of compliance analysts.
The AVP will provide direction and leadership within CLR and the LPL organization. Including, maintaining and enhancing the compliance programs and establishing consistency across the firm relating to Retirement, ERISA and DOL products, services and platforms to ensure compliance with the various regulatory requirements affecting the firm, our advisors and the participants in the retirement plans. This role will assist in CLR efforts to identify issues, guide policies and procedures, advocate testing and define training requirements as well as ensure compliance obligations for the firm to offer retirement product and services. The individual will work closely with LPL’s legal team, business partners and operations.
- Must be a Subject Matter Expert in ERISA and Retirement plans.
- Assist in providing strategic direction and leadership to LPL in maintaining and enhancing our respective compliance programs and establishing consistency across the firm relating to retirement products and services to ensure compliance with the expanding regulatory requirements and contractual commitments affecting the firm, its clients and the participants in client retirement plans.
- Coordinate compliance activities impacting Retirement services and products across the firm to identify areas of compliance program improvement, assist with issue and problem resolution, and implement policies and procedures as needed to add value to the firm’s retirement services and products. Proactively identify issues and easily shift priorities as needed to meet the varied needs of the business units supported.
- As new regulatory rules are passed and existing rules continue to evolve, works with appropriate partners to research and understand the rules, as well as help determine or develop recommendations with regard to the impact to firm and various ERISA and Retirement platforms.
- Strong executive presence with the ability to interact with and influence LPL Senior Management with little direct supervision, problem solve a myriad of issues relating to compliance, operations, and technology concerns.
- Provide key input and guidance to governance and steering committees to ensure Compliance considerations are central to the decision-making processes of the business.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with senior leaders, advisors, vendors, and other key stakeholders. Maintain effective working relationships with all internal constituents, including business and functional leaders.
- Responsible for team performance against metrics and individual development of team members setting expectations and holding them accountable against goals
- Assist on special projects and ad hoc assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Series 7, 24 and 65/66 preferred
- Extensive background in Compliance at a financial services firm with 10+ years of progressive experience
- Must have expert knowledge and experience with ERISA, Retirement and DOL rules and regulations
- Experience in monitoring a surveillance or oversight function
- Ability to work in a team-based environment with direct reports, possessing confidence in decisions
- Ability to guide and coach a team through difficult and challenging business decisions and performance management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to interact at a senior level, both internally and externally interpretative thinking and advanced analytical skills to problem-solve in often complex situations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.