AVP, Finance Manager (Advisor Capital)Apply Job ID: R-014715 Date posted: 05/04/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
As an AVP within Advisor Capital, you will lead deep and thoughtful analysis to help our executive management team make informed decisions that support the overall capital allocation strategy of the firm. In addition, this role will be responsible for maintaining efficient day-to-day operations while continuously improving them. The ideal candidate will have a combination of people managing skills, strong business acumen, technical finance knowledge, and the expertise and experience to develop and deliver tools that enable advised decision-making that drive significant growth.
The Advisor Capital group plays an instrumental role in the deployment of capital solutions, analysis and reporting of LPL’s financial information, and collaboration with the company’s business units to ensure we support our mission to take of our advisors. This team partners closely with Business Development and is directly responsible for the underwriting of transition assistance packages, which are forgivable loans to entice new advisors to join LPL, which is the #1 driver of the firm’s organic growth!
What will you do?
- Working directly the VP/SVP to develop a +200M capital deployment strategy in addition to maintaining processes and making them more operationally efficient
- Leverage technology to automate and simplify asset verification, underwriting, and loan servicing and origination processes to create a highly scalable, flexible, and efficient infrastructure
- Manage and coach a team of associates and analysts to ensure high performance and development is achieved
- Interfacing with business unit counterparts to address specific needs of advisors
- Producing metrics to illustrate business unit’s accuracy, efficiency, and timeliness to them such as service level agreements and investigating and addressing instances where commitments are not being met
- Creating reporting and analysis to drive business decisions on capital deployment opportunities
- Handle escalations by both internal business partners and our Advisors
- Maintain and enhance internal controls, supporting Internal Audit and Compliance quarterly/annual controls testing
- Provide ongoing support, coaching, feedback and developmental opportunities to address staff needs in order to engage them and help them be more effective and successful.
- Ad-hoc analysis, financial modeling, PowerPoint presentations, and additional responsibilities as required
What are we looking for:
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience? We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement
What skills, experiences, and education are required?
- 1 - 4 years of management experience preferred
- At least 5 years’ experience in corporate finance, investment banking, or corporate development experience preferred
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Business, or Economics (or a related discipline) is required.
- Effective communication, presentation and writing skills
- In depth knowledge of financial reporting processes
- Strong financial modeling, Microsoft excel, and PowerPoint skills
- Experience with enterprise systems and reporting tools is a plus (OBIEE, OFA, Hyperion, or other SaaS reporting tools)
- Experience with CRM tools such as Salesforce is a plus
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.