AVP, Fortigent Operations & SupportApply Job ID: R-002925 Date posted: 05/11/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
This team is dedicated to servicing the operational needs of advisors leveraging Performance Reporting tools and deliverables powered by Fortigent. The Fortigent Operations Support team will work together in a true team environment servicing a defined group of LPL Financial customers.
The primary focus of this role is to ensure organizational effectiveness by providing leadership for Fortigent Operations & Support functions. The ideal candidate has excellent analytical skills and will be expected to support internal and external consumers, mitigate and resolve complex escalations, and strategically support the goals and objectives of the Fortigent platform.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will be a team player, possess excellent time management skills, and work well in a fast paced environment, with the ability to multi task with multiple operational processes and data platforms. Working with the various stakeholders across the organization, this position contributes to the development and implementation of policies, service level agreements, and procedures.
The AVP of Fortigent Operations & Support will also assist the Vice President in monitoring and reporting on operational controls and processes. This role requires the individual to have a deep understanding of operational processes, dependencies and control points.
The AVP will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Increasing the effectiveness and efficiency of the Fortigent Operations & Support team through improvements to identified functions
- Prioritizing departmental projects and initiatives
- Investigating all instances where service level agreements and commitments are not being met
- Monitoring the unit’s timely adherence to data quality protocols through dashboards and reports
- Producing metrics to illustrate business unit’s accuracy, efficiency, and timeliness
- Ensuring advisors receive the highest quality of service
- Interfacing with business side counterparts to address specific needs of advisors
- Maintaining a working knowledge of all Fortigent reconciliation and performance reporting functions
- Acting as subject matter expert on policies, procedures, and service level agreements
- Assisting in the resolution of escalated issues, taking ownership and ensuring resolution
- Managing budgetary expenses in coordination with the Vice President
- Directing Talent acquisition and retention efforts
- Administering reviews, development plans, personnel coaching and performance counseling
- Collaborating with dependent teams to align workflow expectations and commitments
- Bachelor’s degree in business or finance; other degrees or relevant experience will be considered
- Prior experience in direct management of a team is required
- 5-7 years of experience in the financial services industry, preferably in wealth management/advisory operations
- Past exposure to performance measurement and/or portfolio accounting is preferred
- Strong customer focus, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a strong work ethic
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel and Word
- Ability to handle multiple projects, software and tasks at any given time with minimal supervision
- Must positively adjust to rapidly changing environment
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Project coordination experience is a plus
- Ability to set priorities, monitor own workload to meet aggressive deadlines
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.