AVP, Governance, Risk & ComplianceApply Job ID: R-003848 Date posted: 07/23/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
The Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) group is a department within LPL's Compliance, Legal, and Risk (CLR) division that supports the organization in monitoring, measuring and managing the company's operational risk exposures. The AVP, Risk and Assessment Testing, is responsible for contributing to the management and execution of the Firm’s risk-based compliance testing program.
Day to day activities of this role include:
- Manage the execution of assurance testing pursuant to FINRA Rule 3120 and Section 206(4)-7 of the Investment Adviser’s Act, as well as other regulatory requirements, including contributing to the scoping and scheduling of assignments, development of test scripts, and the review of work papers.
- Assign and review Completion Verification Testing (CVT) of findings and incidents identified across the firm to verify that control issue remediation was completed in accordance with Management’s Action Plan (MAP).
- Perform Quality Control reviews to ensure test work is executed consistently, timely, and in accordance with department standards.
- Effectively communicate test results with other areas of the firm, specifically senior leadership in Operations, Compliance, and Legal.
- Assist the VP, ERM with reporting, including drafting the IA Annual Review and FINRA 3120/3130 reports, and contributing as needed to the Enterprise Risk Profile (ERP).
- Hire, develop, and retain high performing and engaged employees
- Contribute to enhancing internal processes through innovative change to achieve greater efficiency and quality
- Provide effective insights into the health of risk management activities across the firm
- Assist with special projects or other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or University in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in an Operations, Compliance, Internal Audit, or Risk Management Discipline at a Financial Services/Banking institution
- Strong knowledge of federal and state rules and regulations applicable to Broker Dealers and Registered Investment Advisers (e.g., FINRA, SEC, DOL, ERISA, NFA)
- Excellent leadership, collaboration, problem solving, communication, and organizational skills
- FINRA Series 7, 24, 63, 65 or 66 or equivalent
- CIA, CRMA certification is preferred.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.