AVP, Human ResourcesApply Job ID: R-001829 Date posted: 11/28/2017 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
We are seeking a HR leader to drive dynamic change and continued business growth! The HR Business Partner will act as an individual contributor who, along with the Sr Business Partner, will align with the leadership team to facilitate business and HR strategy execution. This role also ensures development, delivery and alignment of Human Capital products and services to support achievement of business objectives. This role will also act as an internal consultant to senior leaders on all talent management, organizational development, performance management, and compensation issues in partnership with other teams within the Human Capital organization.
- Lead the development and implementation of comprehensive HR strategies, policies, and practices in support of company and client group business plans in the areas of leadership development, workforce planning, compensation, talent and performance management, change management, employee engagement, retention, professional development and diversity.
- Advise executive level business leaders on both strategic and tactical plans to support their business goals.
- Lead and participate in special and cross-functional project teams and assignments as necessary, often partnering with Compensation & Benefits, Learning & Development, Talent Acquisition, Corporate Real Estate, and Corporate Communications.
- Acts as the voice of the internal and external client to facilitate improvements to LPL's HR policies, benefits, initiatives, processes, etc.
- Responsible for overall Human Capital leadership: focusing on employee engagement and providing support, coaching, mentorship, feedback, and development to business leaders.
- Provide creative and innovative solutions to the business on complex problems.
- Identifying and acting on key metrics for decision making.
- Prepare and maintain materials to support initiatives with the client.
- Develop methods and procedures for compiling and analyzing data for reports and special projects.
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced level degree preferred
- 8+ year’s professional level experience in Human Resources with a minimum of 2 years working with senior leaders.
- Proficient in Strategic HR practices such as Leadership Development, Change Management, Performance Management, Teaming, Business Partnering as well as solid HR Generalist skills such as Employee Relations, Talent Development, and Project Management
- Experience working with sales organizations or financial services industry strongly preferred.
- PHR, SPHR preferred, not required
- Microsoft Office Products proficient
- Human Resource Management Systems - proficient
- May involve up to 5% travel
- Position interacts with senior leadership from client business units; will also interface with employees, supervisors and managers. Will regularly partner with other areas of Human Capital including Compensation and Benefits, Payroll, Learning & Development, Talent Acquisition, Corporate Communications and Real Estate. May interface with external agencies (employment, governmental), internal and external counsel.
- Must be extremely organized, self-motivated, and capable of working in a rapidly changing environment with the ability to effectively interact with all levels of management.
- Must have a professional demeanor and the ability to maintain confidentiality at all times when dealing with personnel matters.
- Successful candidates will possess superior consultative and influencing skills, superior verbal/written communication skills, strong analytical and problem solving skills, project management skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work on multiple priorities, work independently and as a team in an ambiguous and dynamic environment.
** We reserve the right to change/increase the title based on the candidate’s qualifications.
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.