AVP, IIS Product Management, Corporate RIA Pricing ExecutionApply Job ID: R-004934 Date posted: 11/05/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
The Product Management team within LPL’s Investor & Investment Solutions (IIS) group is responsible for delivering a highly competitive set of investment solutions. This includes the product offering, pricing, platform experience, and promotional activities. This division within IIS Product Management focuses on the execution of our strategic product roadmap. Product managers in this area are responsible for understanding and executing on all business aspects of our products/platforms and must be able to work with numerous business units across the firm. The focus of this role will primarily be on the Advisory Platform product offering pricing changes and the execution of strategic enhancements to our platform models. The team’s goal is to leverage the strengths of our existing model, enhance our strategic capabilities we offer our advisors and execute with excellence.
The position requires a candidate with an investment product management and an economic/finance background who can think independently, creatively problem-solve, and execute on platform enhancements. It also requires the ability to operate in partnership with other teams within IIS and across the organization in order to maximize the team’s value add and create operational efficiencies.
- Understand the pricing and economic drivers of the platform. Participate in and drive components of pricing changes that simplify the platforms while maintaining or enhancing their economics
- Partner with the:
- Risk and compliance teams with respect to investment policies and regulatory issues
- Operations and technology teams for platform experience enhancements and systematic changes
- RIA services team with respect to needs that are specific to this channel
- Other product teams to expand the investment product offering and upkeep a competitive platform
- Communication, Marketing & Adoption teams on implementation and change management
- Execution of roadmaps and initiatives with a full delivery of timeline calendars and fluid prioritization
- Examples of initiatives could be; creating efficiencies to streamline billing, executing complex multi year strategies of pricing changings, assessing and upgrading transaction and fee billing process flows, creating procedures for advisor fee agreements and fee schedule approvals, reviewing transaction charges/pricing models, coordinating the upgrades to technology systems that support all enhancements, client reporting, program mergers, improving system productivity, and solving complex issues
- Create processes for the consistent collection of feedback, tracking of metrics, enhancements of product governance and continually create organizational report outs
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience with 8+ years of relevant experience in the financial services industry
- Knowledgeable on the advisory platform landscape, products/product trends and industry regulation
- Product management experience with evaluating decisions, execution on projects and problem solving
- Must possess highly-tactical skills and the ability to execute
- Ability to analyze complex issues with a focus on system integration and ease of doing business for a financial advisor
- Must possess highly-tactical skills and strong degree of experience with Microsoft Excel and databases
- Ability to analyze complex issues with a focus on pricing and associated behavioral changes that it drives
- Industry designations and/or FINRA Licenses preferred
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.