AVP Incident/Problem ManagementApply Job ID: R-008881 Date posted: 02/25/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The Sr. Technical Incident and Problem Manager will be responsible for establishing and managing processes to restore normal service operation as quickly as possible and provide support for ongoing incidents. The role will be responsible for maintaining detailed records of all incidents, capturing root cause, and ensuring problem resolution to minimize the adverse impact on business operations and identify causes of service issues and commission corrective work to prevent recurrences.
This role is responsible for the preparation and distribution of incident notifications as well as end of impact, incident summaries, and root cause analysis documentation. This role will also work with the immediate team to define and create Incident and Problem Management metrics, aging and trending reporting.
- Capture, triage, and escalate incidents to technical teams as necessary.
- Ensure all the necessary IT technical business partners are on the technical bridge, and lead technical triage bridge lines to fast restoral of customer-impacting incidents; demonstrating technical knowledge and leadership ability to direct technical teams to the root cause and resolution in a timely fashion.
- Drive Mean Time To Restore (MTTR) improvements, and define and ensure the collection and tracking of knowledge articles to minimize MTTR, as well as, effectively track and reduce repeat issues.
- Create and deliver both verbal and written communications associated with customer-impacting incidents, providing end-to-end internal and external incident communications including root cause and follow-up.
- Review Incident trends to proactively identify problems and initiate root cause analysis and resolution.
- Assess business impact and urgency, declare a major incident and trigger business continuity procedures or disaster recovery as applicable.
- Provide Incident reporting, including a detailed description of Incident from detection through problem resolution.
- Provide service availability and performance metrics to support reliable reporting.
- Participate in problem management meetings with a focus on recent major incidents, Root Cause Analysis, incident trending, and operational issues; and ensure key data is gathered during all customer impacting issues and provided to the Problem Management Team when needed.
- Track process efficacy using established Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Collaborate with team members to improve the Incident management process and problem management processes, establish new KPIs as needed.
- Lead efforts to drive automation/innovation improvements that positively improve the customer experience, utilizing tools to dedicatedly identify operational issues and trends.
- Bachelor's degree or five or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Three years of experience supporting an Incident Management and Problem Management role.
- Three years of experience working with and improving processes within a standard ITSM framework such as ITIL and good knowledge of general IT concepts, e.g. applications, servers, network, database, etc.
- Experience with enterprise-level helpdesk software.
- Planning and organizational experience within fast-paced/dynamic business environments.
- Experience facilitating root cause analysis meetings.
- Experience with writing scripts in automating routine activities.
Even better if you have:
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to communicate at all levels, with a strong emphasis on clear and concise business writing and the ability to convert technical matters into business understandable language.
- Ability to direct and manage incident responders and Incident response processes.
- Ability to effectively manage client & staff relationships, promptly respond to queries, ensure promises are kept and manage expectations.
- Excellent analytical ability, judgment, and problem analysis techniques, in-depth knowledge of the business unit's functions.
- Willingness to work in a 24x7, high-availability service delivery environment.
- Effective at driving short-term results that are consistent with long-term goals.
- Skilled at operating in a matrix environment.
- ITIL Foundation Certification or higher.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.