AVP, Information SecurityApply Job ID: R-006763 Date posted: 05/20/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
LPL Financial is the nation’s largest independent brokerage firm with more than 14,000 independent financial advisors in more than 4,000 branch offices nationwide. LPL Financial has been ranked the number one broker dealer in its class consistently over the past 10 years. Financially strong and growing, its corporate offices are in Boston, San Diego, and Charlotte.
We are currently looking to hire an AVP, Identity and Federation Solutions Engineering within the Information Security department, which is a part of LPL’s Technology organization. The primary responsibility of this position is to lead a team to engineer, develop, integrate, and deploy enterprise identity and federation solutions for geographically dispersed business units, personnel and customers. This position will manage the Identity and Federation Solutions Engineering team, and work on various new and ongoing platform development and enhancement. The role will work closely with internal application developers and vendors to build, configure, test and implement enterprise identity and federation solutions that meet the business needs of the enterprise and are aligned and consistent with enterprise IT strategies and plans
• Responsible for overall engineering, implementation and operations of enterprise identity and federation platforms and solutions as well as any future identity technologies.
• Work with various business and application teams with their requirements
• Configure and develop access control roles for various applications to fulfill SOX compliance
• Work with Information Security, Technology, and Compliance teams to provide auditing and reporting facilities and processes
• Work with Technology Operations to deploy and integrate new technologies into the current environments
• Work with Technology Enterprise Architecture and Business teams to identify new areas where identity and federation can be utilized and enhance identity and federation capabilities to address new business needs.
• Integrates existing identity and federation solutions and any future identity technologies with in-house and third party applications.
• Manages identity and federation platform technical support and development team, including monitoring and responding to server events, ensuring data replication, gathering identity and federation statistics, and performing general maintenance by working with Level 2 and/or Level 3 operations personnel.
• Manage existing identity and federation infrastructure and provide Level 2/3 support. Work with help desk and other teams to troubleshoot and resolve/ fix issues and bugs. After-hours work as needed for Level 3 escalations and/or deployments.
• Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering, or Business
• Minimum 5 years’ hands-on experience with LDAP/Directory Server design, engineering and support.
• Minimum 5 years’ hands-on experience setting up and installing identity and federation platforms on both Windows and Unix
• Minimum 5 years’ hands-on experience in ESB and web service creation using cutting edge technologies like MuleSoft, Active MQ, TIBCO BW, JMS/EMS and .net core, management and operations
• Deep understanding of and experience with identity and federation
• Solid understanding of SOX requirements for access governance
• Experience managing complex directory service and identity and federation environments.
• Ability to work with geographically distributed and cross-functional teams.
• Scripting and programming skills, shell/Perl, interfacing to LDAP using APIs.
• Experience developing and implementing Access Request forms/workflows and provisioning / de-provisioning of user access. Customization of product functionality to meet business requirements
• Experience with Oracle, SQL Server and/or other relational database
• Experience working in SOX controlled environments
• Use of ITIL methodologies for path-to-production
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues quickly, identifying the best option in an emergency
• Ability to work with different teams and interact with technical and business personnel across the Enterprise
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.