AVP, Innovation 2 ExecutionApply Job ID: R-006144 Date posted: 03/06/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The purpose and objective of this position is to:
- Manage the goals of the Business Process Outsourcing Program (“Program”) which is to oversee the day to day operations of tasks performed by the current offshore vendor(s)
- help ensure vendor services delivered are aligned with expectations stated in fully executed contracts and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs),
- support the CLR business units in transitioning work offshore, and handling escalations
- manage Performance Assurance team to ensure that work being conducted offshore is performed accurately and in accordance with the agreed upon SOPs
- assist the vice president in carrying out the program goals and the day-to-day point of contact with the vendor(s), internal procurement team, Center of Excellence and CLR Departments
- maintain a continuous improvement program based on lean principles to identify and eliminate waste
- help identify workflow efficiencies, gaps/inconsistencies with current procedures and determine training needs,
- provide leadership, career development, mentoring and guidance that supports an engaging environment
- conduct staff meetings, team meetings, and one on one meetings in addition to goal setting and evaluating and conducting employee evaluations
1. Management support – Assist the vice president in carrying out the overall BPO and PA program goals and objectives. Will assist with management reporting and the hiring of team members.
2. Analyze/Reporting – Analyze data to identify areas to optimize efficiency, improve processes, gaps/inconsistencies and/or training. Develop and maintain reporting metrics on KPI for key LPL leadership.
3. Strategic Planning - Identify opportunities for team branding and development, and broader socializing of offshore capabilities.
4. Team Development - Perform oversight on team productivity and provide guidance and focus for special projects and assignments.
5. Resolution – Provide input and suggestions/recommendations on remediation plan. Help ensure implementation of remediation plans are being followed, and monitor effectiveness. Provide design input on processing systems, reviews and program effectiveness.
Other Job Duties:
1. Meeting participation– Help lead meetings with CLR Business Units and offshore team(s) to review findings and discuss remediation, improvements, and/or enhancements to current procedures.
2. Collaboration – Collaborate with the various CLR Business Units, Center of Excellence and offshore team(s). Proactively work with teams to identify errors and achieve good work quality and consistency in work product. This includes brainstorming and helping to develop enhanced processes.
3. Communication – Effectively communicate with colleagues and management team to address issues and needs. Raise issues and bring awareness to the management team in a timely manner.
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor's degree in business related field preferred
Minimum Experience required: 5+ years in general brokerage industry knowledge; offshore and continuous improvement experience a plus
Licenses/Certifications Preferred: Series 7, 24, and 99
Software/Systems Skills Required/Preferred:
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Visio
Must be able to perform essential responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
This person will interact with CLR onshore and offshore colleagues, Sr. management, and the internal procurement team.
Required Soft Skills:
- Proven leadership skills, particularly in managing process improvement, critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to function cooperatively, and build consensus on review results amongst managers, and colleagues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with management and other team members on complex issues
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and activities and adapt to change
- Ability to formulate and implement departmental strategies
- Highly analytical with excellent research skills
- Ability to think outside of the box to help develop solutions and enhancements to a process and/or the program
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.