AVP, Institution Relations ManagerApply Job ID: R-023406 Date posted: 05/18/2022 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Do you like business consulting?
Do you enjoy building relationships?
If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
The AVP, Institution Relations Manager will be responsible for supporting and actively managing Institutions through a proactive team based approach. The AVP will report to the VP, Institution Relations Team manager and will be part of an internal team construct. The AVP, Institution Relations Manager and the IRT team will be responsible for growing the investment program by focusing on driving Net New Assets, Same Store Sales growth and minimizing the attrition rate within the segment through targeted retention efforts.
- By developing a thorough understanding of the institutions value proposition (all banks and credit unions) and a thorough understanding of LPL’s strategic initiatives, the AVP will remain aligned with their internal support team on devising solutions to assist them in meeting their business goals and objectives, in conjunction with LPL’s.
- Will serve as an additional point of contact between his/her institution and LPL Financial.
- Will combine relationship management skills, consulting skills, sales skills, problem resolution, decision making, project management skills and business analytics to fully understand and achieve business growth, retention and yield optimal client experience objectives.
- Must be a go-getter, possess a drive for results, being skilled and experienced in engaging in high level discussions with institution owners, their team members, and when requested with the internal LPL executive team.
- Must understand, utilize and stay current with industry best practices, including within the financial institution space, financial markets, technology products, regulations, competitive pressures, services, workflow, demographics and systems knowledge to optimize results.
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in financial services preferably in the financial institution space or a progressive client service/relationship management role.
- Series 7/63/65 (or 66) preferred
- CFP designation a plus
- Extensive knowledge of the client segment, organization, product, industry, and end customer.
- Demonstrated knowledge of LPL platform, products, services and business objectives
- Ability to effectively analyze situations, applying solutions to achieve resolution
- Ability to identify and balance the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Must be highly organized and skilled at implementing effective processes for tracking and monitoring multiple situations at once
- Must have strong communication skills – both written and verbal
- Must be a strong team player and possess ability to collaborate, align and determine the best solutions on various situations
- Limited travel less than 10%
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.