AVP, Insurance Training and Project Management
Do you have a strong ability to build, develop and grow programs from the ground up?
Do you have experience in processing carrier commissions?
Do you have a strong understanding of the life insurance sales and new business process?
Do you have the ability to lead people on a collaborative mission?
Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
The LPL Insurance Associates team within LPL’s National Sales & Consulting division is looking for an experienced project manager and trainer that will execute and deliver a world-class experience to our advisors and internal partners. The LPL Insurance Associates Training team plays an important role in building out training programs internally and externally to our advisors as well as executing projects for the overall Insurance Organization.
- Work directly with the VP of Insurance Operations to create and develop Insurance University to our financial advisors
- Responsible for ensuring all internal processes and procedures are fully documented and internal associates are fully trained on these processes and procedures
- Lead the Insurance Training Team toward execution of all goals and deadlines
- Consult with internal business units to determine the training needs of our advisor and work to execute those ideas into webinar/in-person training events
- Coordinate and carry out responsibilities relating to the development of curriculum, curation of content, sourcing of training providers
- Coordinate and manage the marketing messaging and social media platforms related to the insurance organization
- Effectively track and review all training materials and documents to ensure accuracy and meet deadlines
- Execute on projects as directed by the VP of Insurance Operations or SVP of Insurance for the benefit of the overall insurance organization
- Collaborate internally across departments to ensure all functions within a project work smoothly
- Collaborate with the VP of Insurance Operations and internal business unit partners on innovative ways to enhance the effectiveness of all training opportunities
- Collaborate with presenters and LPL staff on training presentations, value and resources provided during and after training opportunities
- Partner with our insurance carrier’s in the development of training materials and execution of projects
- Responsible for leading and building out a new training program from the ground up
- All other duties as assigned by management
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaboratorswho can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- BGA experience processing carrier commissions
- Strong knowledge of life insurance sales and new business operations
- 3+ years’ people management experience within the insurance industry
- 5+ years’ project management experience
- 3-5+ year’s training and/or program development experience
- BA/BS degree in Business, Communications, Marketing, Finance (or a related discipline) is preferred
- High level of self-motivation is required
- Proficient BGA experience with iPipline tools is preferred
- World-leading customer service skills is required
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work in a fast paced environment is required
- Effective communication and writing skills are required
- Ability to work within a team and take the initiative
- Positive attitude
- Commitment to excellence and integrity
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.