AVP, Internal Consulting - EastApply Job ID: R-008527 Date posted: 01/10/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
LPL Financial is currently searching for an Assistant Vice President to manage the east coast Internal Advisory & Inbound consulting team. The team provides sales, education, and marketing support to LPL Financial advisors across our advisory platforms, mutual funds, 529's, ETF's, non-traded alternative investments, & other products/services. The AVP would have the primary responsibility of managing and optimizing the day to day activities of the internal consultants, execution against sales strategy, campaigns and initiatives. In addition the AVP would deliver ongoing training and coaching regimen for the team, monitor trends in activity levels, track and monitor service levels and provide quality call coaching. The AVP would collaborate with internal and external partners to accomplish goals and align with the west & central coast leaders.
Primary goals for the position include:
- Assure and track the execution of proactive call campaigns, sales goals and activity goal requirements of the team
- Maintain proper staffing levels by monitoring PTO/RTO requests submitted by the internal consulting team.
- Approval of time cards
- Track, monitor and assure that Service Level Agreements for the Internal consulting team are being meet on a continuous basis
- Assure adherence to policy, procedures and controls in place
- Coordinate and participate in the hiring of new internal consultants
- Development of consultants’ sales, consulting and presentation skills through coordination with partner firms, other outside training resources, RCs and colleagues across disciplines in national sales.
- Contribute sales ideas for sales and marketing campaigns
- Monitor and manage activity mix and levels to optimize effectiveness and opportunity capture
- Attend and preside over team meetings and product sponsor meetings
Broad responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure the Internal consulting team maintains focus on key advisor segments and activities that ultimately drive sales.
- Identify & leverage sponsor content for internal or external sales training
- Represent LPL Financial and our team at conferences, industry events, advisor training and education forums, etc
- Work closely with platform/product management to identify opportunities to create and deliver on updates to the platforms, new sales ideas or new capabilities
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Ongoing collaboration with fellow sales leaders and other business units
- A Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 5-7 years experience in the financial services industry, experience with managing an Internal Sales team or Call Center with proven experience in execution of proactive strategy
- Series 7 and 66/65 license
- Other industry designations such as AIF, CFP, etc. a strong plus
- Strong presentation skills, experience and comfort working with financial advisors and escalated issues
- Strong relationship and people management skills
- Strong communication skills, time and priority management
- Strong skills in PowerPoint, Word and Excel
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.