AVP, Investment Product ManagementApply Job ID: R-002442 Date posted: 03/08/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The Product Management team within LPL’s Investor & Investment Solutions (IIS) group is responsible for delivering a highly competitive set of investment solutions. This includes the product offering, pricing, platform experience, and promotional activities. Product managers are responsible for understanding and explaining all business aspects of our products/platforms and must be able to work with numerous business units across the firm. The team’s goal is to leverage the strengths of our existing model, enhance our strategic capabilities we offer our advisors, and execute with excellence.
This role is expected to act as an owner of the certain investment products with respect to product management, tracking industry trends, and collaborating with business partners to delivery effective solutions to LPL advisors.
The position requires a candidate with investment product management experience, specifically in capital market securities, who can creatively problem-solve, and lead other teams in the development of recommendations and delivery of solutions. It also requires the ability to balance trade-offs between client experience, risk, and economics.
• Lead the analysis of various product-pricing concepts and regular reviews of product profitability. This includes ownership of pricing change recommendations that simplify the platforms while maintaining or enhancing their economics
• Lead cross-functional teams on projects that enhance our product offerings in the discovery, exploration, planning and execution phases. This includes executive level communication on trade-offs associated with various recommendations and status updates on progress/delivery
• Partner with: o Risk and compliance teams with respect to investment policies and regulatory issues
o Operations and technology teams for platform experience enhancements
o Other product teams to expand the investment product offering
o Marketing & sales teams on product awareness
• Own advisor escalations and the positioning of responses on advisor escalations, and partner with the sales teams to enhance their ability to service advisors
• Track industry and competitor developments in terms of product, pricing, and policy. Ingest feedback from LPL’s Advisor facing teams. Distill these inputs and evaluate ideas for future enhancements
• Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 5 years of related experience in the financial services industry. Advanced degree (i.e. CFA or MBA) a plus
• Knowledgeable on capital market securities, including but not limited to equities, exchange traded products (ETFs and ETNs), fixed income, and structured products
• Product management experience leading recommendations and project delivery
• Must possess highly-tactical skills and strong degree of experience with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Enterprise level project management experience working on cross-functional teams involving investment products
• Ability to analyze complex issues with a focus on pricing and associated behavioral changes that it drives
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.