AVP, Marketing StrategyApply Job ID: R-024553 Date posted: 08/04/2022 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-Remote
Do you have a successful track-record of developing marketing strategy and plans?
Do you have a thirst for knowledge and developing a deep understanding of your client’s needs?
Do you like digging into the data and translating it into meaningful insights?
If so, LPL may have a Marketing role for you!
LPL Financial (NASDAQ: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
We have an exciting opportunity for an AVP, Marketing Strategy to join our growing Client Marketing team. As the AVP, Marketing Strategy you will report directly to the SVP, Client Deepening. You will lead the Client Marketing planning, reporting and research efforts. Your focus will be on ensuring the marketing plan provides the best opportunity for growth and delivers the best experience for our existing clients (Financial Advisors and Institutions). We are looking for someone who can lead a cross-functional planning and prioritization partnership with marketing peers and business partners. All good plans are grounded in data and insights. This role will spearhead the Client Marketing team’s efforts to test and learn within the marketing efforts and uncover insights about our clients, which will inform our marketing strategy and plans. They will also be responsible for developing a consolidated reporting framework and delivering rich outcome data and insights to marketing leadership. This position is a highly visible and strategic role with leadership engagement and interaction across multiple functions. The core benefit of your contributions will be accelerating the growth of the business and keeping the client at the center of everything we do.
- Lead the Client Marketing planning and prioritization process, driving collaboration and alignment across marketing, product and sales
- Manage the consolidated Client Marketing plan, optimizing for the best outcomes and best client experience
- Leverage prioritization methodology to account for new opportunities and unplanned activity
- Develop testing and learning plans that deepen the team’s knowledge of our clients and of our marketing effectiveness
- Identify new opportunities for client marketing research, partnering with internal and external resources on delivery
- Partner with data and analytics teams to uncover rich client insights supporting marketing strategy and campaigns
- Stay up to speed on industry events and trends impacting our clients and influencing our marketing strategy and plans, sharing insights with marketing peers and leaders
- Evaluate Client Marketing performance against KPIs and deliver regular cadence of consolidated reporting to marketing leadership and business partners
- Create regular output of industry, competitor and client insights for use within marketing
What are we looking for?
We want a strong collaborator who can easily build relationships across the organization. We are looking for people who can lead cross-functional teams towards common goals and a unified plan. Above all else, we are looking for someone who is focused on the client and their needs.
- Combined 8+ years of related experience in Marketing, Customer Research, Strategy and/or Financial Services
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to quickly develop new relationships with peers and internal partners
- Ability to analyze research, data and insights to solve complex problems and inform marketing strategy
- Experience developing client-focused marketing strategies and plans
- Demonstrated ability to tie marketing activity to business outcomes
- Experience developing test & learn plans
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including persuasive presentation development and delivery
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field
- MBA or Advanced Degree
- Familiarity with Agile marketing mindset and methodologies
- Experience with Financial Advisor industry
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.