AVP, Mobile DeveloperApply Job ID: R-010094 Date posted: 05/20/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
At LPL Financial we consider it our mission to take care of our advisors so they can take care of their client. Joining as an AVP Mobile Developer, Investor Facing Team, which is within the Technology business unit, you will be responsible for planning, directing projects to help design, build and maintain the sustainable, scalable capabilities that support delivery of the highest standards of software products, processes. This role will also include responsibility for leading special projects to drive more quality, scope, and scale in the offering and provide technical leadership to other team members.
- Collaborate with creative and technical teams to deliver first class user-centric experiences
- Interpret UI/UX design and research for translation into deliverable code and graphic artifacts
- Proactively explore new technologies through research and applied innovation
- Actively participate in agile ceremonies as part of project execution
- Confidently articulate (spoken and written) how a solution answers user needs, business goals, and technical constraints
- Understand and adhere to best practices for UI deliverables and process
- Advocate for the end-user experience
Desired Technical Qualifications:
- Bachelor or master’s degree in computer science.
- Tech Lead with 5+ years of experience as a leader in designing and implementing complex systems, including developing solutions from scratch.
- Full- stack developer with 5+ years of experience designing interactive web applications, developing web services (REST/SOAP) and integrating with vendor APIs.
- Excellent understanding of system integration. Great track record of implementing the distributed systems with legacy and modern technical tools.
- Experience in iOS Swift development
- Interest and commitment in staying current with best practices and changes in iOS and Swift
- Strong examples of pertinent work (actual design and/or the implementation of the design by others)
- Experience with code repository tools
- Understanding of technical platforms and concepts (i.e. REST, API, CMS, etc.)
- Positive, proactive and helpful attitude
- Strong listening, organization, and communication skill
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both technical and non-technical.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Motivated and driven by achieving long-term business outcomes.
Other Desired Technical Qualifications:
- Capable of effectively planning, prioritizing and executing tasks utilizing resources and tools
- Experience using Agile & Waterfall methodologies.
- Experience in the Finance industry.
- Understanding of the principles of animation
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle including CI/CD
- Experience with project tracking systems such as JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- Experience working with source control tools like TFS, GIT etc.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.