AVP, Product Management: Account ManagementApply Job ID: R-003554 Date posted: 06/19/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
As Product Manager in Investor and Investment Solutions, you bridge the gap between the product/platform team vision for the investment product/platform and the technology/solution delivery teams in the technology organization. You will guide a team that is charged with product leadership and delivery of solutions, on time and budget for your assigned category. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects.
You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must balance the pragmatism of delivery with the competing priorities of the business and technology teams you partner with. You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with an engineering counterpart to define product release requirements. You will work with a product/platform counterpart that will frame the business need. You will understand the industry, our competitors and how they use technology to solve the problems contained in your product category.
- Provide input into the investment/platform team vision to give context on competitors, scale and complexity of proposed solutions.
- Specifying technology requirements for current and future products/platforms by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Provide clarity of vision and guardrails for project scope and a rational breakdown of the solution based on priority.
- Provide leadership to draft or coordinate the writing of business requirements for assigned projects.
- Drive projects to ensure delivery of functionality on time and budget.
- Market Identification: Competitive Analysis, Market Analysis, SWOT Analysis
- Industry Expertise: Know the business process and technology solutions for your area
- Executive Level Communication
- Leadership through persuasion and helping to provide a pragmatic framing of the problem and possible solutions
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.