AVP, Product Management (PMO)Apply Job ID: R-017366 Date posted: 10/14/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-Remote , CA-San Diego
Are you someone with a professional background in finance, consulting, or product management?
Are you a strategic thinker with excellent analytic capabilities and experience?
Are you looking to focus on the software development, mergers & acquisitions, and strategy space?
Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial is seeking an Assistant Vice President, Strategic Product Management to join our Product Management PMO team within LPL’s Advisor Solutions group, one of the most visible departments in our organization. As a trusted business partner, you will drive outcomes, lead cross-functional teams, and contribute to the deep and thoughtful analysis that enables our leadership team to make informed decisions regarding product development, M&A transactions, and our organic growth strategy.
The ideal candidate for this role has a combination of strong business acumen, a consulting mindset, and software, product, and financial knowledge to assist with the development and delivery of new business lines, software tools, and integration of proprietary M&A. Additionally, you will ensure creative and continuous improvements to our advisor facing products – with the goal of exciting our advisor base, leading the market, and attracting additional business.
This team within Advisor Solutions focuses on product & program management, specifically the execution of large cross-functional programs to support our strategic initiatives and product development efforts. The teams’ goal is to leverage both the strengths of our existing business model and expand into new markets where we enhance the capabilities we offer our customers in the wealth management space. You will have the opportunity to work on the firm's highest priority initiatives to provide leadership with timely, accurate, and insightful commentary and recommendations. You will gain a full understanding of, and the ability to explain, all business aspects of our products/platforms while working with numerous business units across the firm. This role will embrace strategic, entrepreneurial, analytical, product, and project management skillsets to support our growth and positioning across the entire wealth management market as LPL continues to expand.
What will you do?
- Create best-in-class reports and prepare presentations related to LPL’s strategic plays, potential M&A transactions, and growth initiatives that are SVP+, C-Suite, and Board ready
- Assist in the management of strategic initiatives through the establishment and ongoing leadership of a program governance structure that ensures stakeholder engagement and efficient program and product execution
- Collaborate across the firm to maintain alignment on vision, strategy, and performance to goals, approaching strategy with an entrepreneurial mindset, leveraging critical thinking to increase the value proposition of assigned products and programs.
- Drive decision-making for the business and demonstrate persistence in raising issues to the proper levels for attention and driving transparency at all levels surrounding program execution.
- Develop roadmaps, plans and metrics that communicate progress, risks, issues and approach to execution that support continuous learning and improve outcomes. Sets a high bar for results through repeatable, scalable processes.
What skills, experiences, and education are required?
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
- 5 - 7+ years of experience in product management, management consulting, corporate strategy, program & project management preferably within a financial services or related FinTech firm
- 5+ years of developing, cultivating, and leading strong, high-performing teams in an agile environment
- Flexibility and organizational change management experience
- The ability to work in a cross-functional team and drive outcomes without having direct authority
- Expert communication skills, both written and oral, with ability to present materials to the highest levels in the organization and serve as one of the recognized subject matter experts on the team
- Demonstrate business acumen and the ability to interact with senior leaders, including developing, presenting, and gaining approval on any business cases and funding requests
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to evaluate business opportunities and evaluate results against established objectives
- Actively anticipates, identifies, and manages risks within position scope and at the company
- Demonstrated ability to interact and influence senior leaders
- Ability to create a strategy/plan that articulates that incorporates a business’s vision
- Expert consensus-builder who drives change across initiatives within and outside direct accountability and evaluates solutions to the most complex business challenges
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaboratorswho can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team-oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
What does your success look like in the first 90 days?
- Immersing yourself in and learning as much as you can about the nuances of team processes and tools, the industry, company, and our advisors
- Bringing fresh perspective, ideas, and critical thinking to how our growing team operates, consistently asking questions and pushing for progress over perfection
- Working with others in the team, department, and across the company to understand the LPL ecosystem and how it pertains to our strategic plays, new business lines, M&A deals, and product development
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.